Dear Virgin...

Old December 19th 10, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

Default Dear Virgin...

.... An open message to Ashley Stockwell and co.

Why do you keep putting leaflets through my door telling me I ought to
go with your 50meg fibre and TV service?

It doesn't matter how good it is, I'm not going to get the service.

Because you do not supply our area.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the marketing
and technical databases? All you're doing is making me cross.

Andy
Old December 19th 10, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:47:28 +0000, Andy Champ
wrote:

... An open message to Ashley Stockwell and co.

Why do you keep putting leaflets through my door telling me I ought to
go with your 50meg fibre and TV service?

It doesn't matter how good it is, I'm not going to get the service.

Because you do not supply our area.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the marketing
and technical databases? All you're doing is making me cross.

I said: 'Virgin - you're fired'
Old December 19th 10, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article , Andy Champ
writes
... An open message to Ashley Stockwell and co.

Why do you keep putting leaflets through my door telling me I ought to
go with your 50meg fibre and TV service?

It doesn't matter how good it is, I'm not going to get the service.

Because you do not supply our area.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the marketing
and technical databases? All you're doing is making me cross.

How about:

Dear Virgin,

I am finding your lack of experience very frustrating.

Love,

Andy
--
fred
Old December 19th 10, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
... An open message to Ashley Stockwell and co.

Why do you keep putting leaflets through my door telling me I ought to go
with your 50meg fibre and TV service?

It doesn't matter how good it is, I'm not going to get the service.

Because you do not supply our area.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the marketing
and technical databases? All you're doing is making me cross.

I got a brochure through the post last week from Virgin. they do supply my
street, and the front page bears my street name.
They claim they would give me 16.5Mb.
They also say Sky would be 8.3Mb
TalkTalk up to 24Mb would be 8.2Mb
BT would be 6.7MB

Now I'm with Be up to 24Mb does not seem fair that Virgin are allowed to
suggest they are twice as fast as the competition.
Regards
David

Old December 19th 10, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"David" wrote in message

I got a brochure through the post last week from Virgin. they do supply my
street, and the front page bears my street name.
They claim they would give me 16.5Mb.
They also say Sky would be 8.3Mb
TalkTalk up to 24Mb would be 8.2Mb
BT would be 6.7MB

Now I'm with Be up to 24Mb does not seem fair that Virgin are allowed to
suggest they are twice as fast as the competition.
Regards
David

PS I sync at 14.5Mb and speed testers give 12.5Mb.

Old December 20th 10, 02:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

David wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
... An open message to Ashley Stockwell and co.

Why do you keep putting leaflets through my door telling me I ought to
go with your 50meg fibre and TV service?

It doesn't matter how good it is, I'm not going to get the service.

Because you do not supply our area.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the
marketing and technical databases? All you're doing is making me cross.

I got a brochure through the post last week from Virgin. they do supply
my street, and the front page bears my street name.
They claim they would give me 16.5Mb.
They also say Sky would be 8.3Mb
TalkTalk up to 24Mb would be 8.2Mb
BT would be 6.7MB

Now I'm with Be up to 24Mb does not seem fair that Virgin are allowed to
suggest they are twice as fast as the competition.

Then report them to the advertising standards authority.
It's a very simple procedure.

Regards
David

Old December 20th 10, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

David wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
I got a brochure through the post last week from Virgin. they do
supply my street, and the front page bears my street name.
They claim they would give me 16.5Mb.
They also say Sky would be 8.3Mb
TalkTalk up to 24Mb would be 8.2Mb
BT would be 6.7MB

Now I'm with Be up to 24Mb does not seem fair that Virgin are allowed
to suggest they are twice as fast as the competition.

Then report them to the advertising standards authority.
It's a very simple procedure.

I concur and the response can be pretty rapid.
Old December 20th 10, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alanp

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the marketing and
technical databases? All you're doing is making me cross.

Andy

Cover the business postmark with a note that says postage to be paid by
the recipient, and post it back to them.

Old December 20th 10, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don

Default Missing messages (was: Dear Virgin...)

In . uk,
Andy Champ typed:
... An open message to Ashley Stockwell and co.

Why do you keep putting leaflets through my door telling me I ought to
go with your 50meg fibre and TV service?

It doesn't matter how good it is, I'm not going to get the service.

Because you do not supply our area.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to cross-reference the
marketing and technical databases? All you're doing is making me
cross.
Andy

Interesting that none of the messages in this thread have appeared on
news.virginmedia.com !

Old December 20th 10, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geordie

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:00:22 -0000, "Don"
compiled the following:

Interesting that none of the messages in this thread have appeared on
news.virginmedia.com !

That is down to the VM server (Highwinds) not propagating any text
posts for the past couple of days in any of the text groups.
--
Man to man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that.