BT ADSL checker change

Old December 21st 10, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

Default BT ADSL checker change

I see that the BT ADSL checker has changed the format of reporting line
speed. It is now completely useless.

I also see that the implementation date of WBC FTTC has changed across the
board. The March/April dates have slipped to July.

Feels like we are living in a developing country.

Old December 22nd 10, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Mountifield

In article ,
Gareth wrote:
I see that the BT ADSL checker has changed the format of reporting line
speed. It is now completely useless.

I also see that the implementation date of WBC FTTC has changed across the
board. The March/April dates have slipped to July.

Feels like we are living in a developing country.

Yes, the Dec 2010 date for my area is now saying Mar 2011 on
the BT Infinity checker.

I guess it's the weather to blame. Openreach laid the fibre on our estate
weeks ago (NGA the engineer called it), but no sign of any new cabinets yet.

Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: - http://www.softins.co.uk
Old December 23rd 10, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

"Tony Mountifield" wrote in message
In article ,
Gareth wrote:
I see that the BT ADSL checker has changed the format of reporting line
speed. It is now completely useless.

I also see that the implementation date of WBC FTTC has changed across
the
board. The March/April dates have slipped to July.

Feels like we are living in a developing country.

Yes, the Dec 2010 date for my area is now saying Mar 2011 on
the BT Infinity checker.

I guess it's the weather to blame. Openreach laid the fibre on our estate
weeks ago (NGA the engineer called it), but no sign of any new cabinets
yet.

7 days of bad weather in some places leading to a 4 month delay? And that's
assuming that the roll out date changes didn't come before the bad weather.

It's odd that Nynex and C&W managed to roll out a much more invasive cable
install in the 80s and 90s so efficiently.

There are plenty of willing customers for BT's offering but it seems they
can't organise a **** up in a workhouse.

Old December 24th 10, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Gareth wrote:
[...]

Don't forget, each shiny, new buzzing green box can only supply 96 end
users......

Old December 24th 10, 08:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

"kraftee" wrote in message
news

Gareth wrote:
[...]

Hmm, this is the sort of information that is not easily known - I certainly
didn't know this.

I assume then that it's a case of first come first served.

This must limit availability massively.

Virgin is looking more and more like the only show in town.