Strange repeat caller asking about broadband

Old December 27th 10, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob

Default Strange repeat caller asking about broadband

A mate of mine keeps getting some foreign man call him regarding his
broadband. The caller apparently suggests that he might have a virus on his
computer and then asks him to switch on his PC. He knows my mate by his
first name, although he has never disclosed his name to him. This nuisance
call happens once or twice a month and has been going on for about 6 months
or more. The callers number is never available. He says this call has
happened at least 10 times or more. Has anyone else experienced this caller
and is there any way of stopping it? He is registered with TPS, and doesn't
know how to get rid of this problem. Any suggestions, apart from changing
his number (which he does not really want to do).

Thanks

Old December 27th 10, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Stovell

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...a-call-centres

Old December 27th 10, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

On 27/12/2010 14:54, Phil Stovell wrote:
On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:41:58 +0000, Bob wrote:

A mate of mine keeps getting some foreign man call him regarding his
broadband. The caller apparently suggests that he might have a virus on
his compute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...a-call-centres

I had this team on the phone the other week.

First Mrs 'Patel' phones and does the initial 'checks' and then hands me
to Mr 'Patel' who then guides me through the 'fix'
Whenever he got me to go to logmein.com there seemed to be a problem
with the password ;-)
I managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes then eventually he
called me a 'mother sucker' and hung up on me!!!!

--
J B
Old December 27th 10, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:42:04 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, J B disturbed my reverie and wrote:

I managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes then eventually he
called me a 'mother sucker' and hung up on me!!!!

Slick g.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old December 27th 10, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 27/12/2010 in message J B wrote:

I managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes then eventually he called
me a 'mother sucker' and hung up on me!!!!

The caller I had wasn't that gentle, he used 'f' instead of 's' in sucker
:-)

I managed 25 minutes before he twigged as well, I'm hoping to do better
next time.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
Old December 27th 10, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 27/12/2010 in message J B wrote:

I managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes then eventually he
called me a 'mother sucker' and hung up on me!!!!

The caller I had wasn't that gentle, he used 'f' instead of 's' in
sucker :-)

I managed 25 minutes before he twigged as well, I'm hoping to do better
next time.

Fortunately it all works s well as when you have a support droid on line..

'Just click on the program start button on the left'
'What program start button?'

'What version of Windows are you running?'

'Gnome version 1.2.......' :-)
Old December 27th 10, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

On 27/12/2010 16:45, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 27/12/2010 in message J B wrote:

I managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes then eventually he
called me a 'mother sucker' and hung up on me!!!!

The caller I had wasn't that gentle, he used 'f' instead of 's' in
sucker :-)

I managed 25 minutes before he twigged as well, I'm hoping to do better
next time.

And I thought *I* was the only saddo with time to do that. ;-))

--
J B
Old December 27th 10, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ria J

herb, J disturbed my reverie and wrote:

I managed to keep him on the line for 25 minutes then eventually he
called me a 'mother sucker' and hung up on me!!!!

Slickg.

I have better and more important things to do with 25 minutes of my life
that I will never get back!

--
Much love,
Ria xx
Old December 27th 10, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Bob" wrote in message
[...]

Trucall
http://www.truecall.co.uk/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21530779/

Steve Terry
--
Quidco cashback Sign-up Bonus of 1.25 when you signup at:
http://www.quidco.com/user/613515/55307

Old December 27th 10, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:35:05 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Ria J disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

I have better and more important things to do with 25 minutes of my life
that I will never get back!

If you enjoy yourself it is good and cheap entertainment g.
--

Cheers,

DrT