Opinions: Best of this bunch

Old January 1st 11, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Default Opinions: Best of this bunch

I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that
serves the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the 20Meg
deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they a

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service in terms
of speed and support.

@@@@@@@@remove NOSPAM to reply [email protected]@@@@@@@

Old January 1st 11, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that serves
the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the 20Meg
deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they a

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service in terms of
speed and support.

From experience I found Sky support to be dire (no sky customers could have
their LLU product from my local exchange and they only got their engineer
involved after a high level complaint) but I'm sure that you will find that
you'll get positive and negatives for your complete list.

One thing you haven't informed us about and that is your synch speed. If
it's anything less than 5Mbps you won't see much (if any) improvement in
speeds.

Old January 1st 11, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
River Tarnell

In article ,
Count de Monet wrote:
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that
serves the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the 20Meg
deals from the LLU providers.

Given the choice you've presented, I think I would stay with a BT-based
provider (like Zen), even if it limits you to 8Mbps. A competent
provider is more important to me than raw download speed.

Is your new exchange 21CN? If so, you could get the same speed from Zen
as you would from an LLU provider.

- river.
Old January 1st 11, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Count de Monet wrote:
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that
serves the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the
20Meg deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they a

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service in
terms of speed and support.

AOL:
Poor download speed during peak periods
Poor upload speed at all times
No plans to increase upload speed at any time in the future
Frequent disconnections
Poor customer support
Extremely limited monthly traffic allowance for new customers

(kim)

Old January 2nd 11, 03:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that serves
the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the 20Meg
deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they a

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service in terms of
speed and support.

Orange LLU can be a good deal if you combine it with an Orange mobile
phone contract, which which cashback from say mobiles.co.uk can
give you a mobile phone contract for the equivelent of around a pound
a month.
e.g
http://www.mobiles.co.uk/orange-nokia-1616.html
Racoon £25 for 24 months (£0.99 for 24 months by redemption)

Also Quidco will give you £50 cashback for taking out a contract
from mobiles.co.uk from them
http://www.quidco.com/mobiles/mobiles-co-uk/

and £70 quidco cashback for taking an Orange BB
http://www.quidco.com/orange-home-broadband/

Steve Terry
--
Quidco cashback Sign-up Bonus of £1.25 when you signup at:
http://www.quidco.com/user/613515/55307

Old January 2nd 11, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Be or O2 available?
Regards
David
Old January 2nd 11, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

On 01/01/2011 19:18, Count de Monet wrote:
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that
serves the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the 20Meg
deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they a

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service in terms
of speed and support.

@@@@@@@@remove NOSPAM to reply [email protected]@@@@@@@

Thanks for the input from everyone. I have since noticed that the
exchange is to be 21CN enabled in May this year so I have decided to
remain with Zen.

Old January 2nd 11, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange
that serves the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by
the 20Meg deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service
in terms of speed and support.

Don't forget that all exchanges are 'unbundled' to BT, so as they
own it what about Plus-Net from Yorkshire - tha' knows?

The rest on your list? I'll leave that to others.

Is your new location cabled as, if so, VM are worth
considering - despite what others will doubtless say.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old January 2nd 11, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

On 01/01/2011 19:18, Count de Monet wrote:
I will be moving house soon and have noticed that the exchange that
serves the new premises is LLU enabled.

At the moment I am with Zen ADSL MAX 8Meg but I am tempted by the 20Meg
deals from the LLU providers.

The problem is the company's seem to have bad reputations, they a

AOL
Sky
Orange
Talk Talk

Can any users of any of the above give opinions of the service in terms
of speed and support.

Stay well clear of Talk Talk. They took over Tiscali, who took over
Pipex, who took over Freedom2Surf which is where I started. At every
stage things got worse but really nose-dived when Talk Talk arrived on
the scene.

I moved to Orange but even after that Talk Talk carried on taking money
from the direct debit I foolishly signed with them. After four months
they finally stopped robbing me and promised a refund citing problems
with the takeover of Tiscali. I still haven't received the refund and
I've never heard of any of these problems being in favour of the customer.

They are either crooks or are so incompetent you should avoid them.

Sorry about the rant but I feel a bit better.

No probs with Orange so far.

Another Dave
Old January 2nd 11, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Count de Monet submitted this idea :
Talk Talk

Ex-Tiscali now TT has been really not too bad here. We moved from our
first ISP, NT Hell - which was a real nightmare, maybe ten years ago.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)