Wireless adapter prob

Old January 6th 11, 01:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dirk

Default Wireless adapter prob

Hi

I have a Medion MD98300 laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium

Recently, my wireless connection (via an internal Atheros AR5007UG wireless
adapter), is disappearing after resuming from Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown. The
adapter just doesn't seem to be visible in Device Manager, no networks are
detected, and the wireless switch on the laptop doesn't function. A Restart
(sometimes more than one) usually restores the wireless connection, but this
is very frustrating (it worked perfectly before)

I sometimes also get a message regarding the Atheros saying "USB device not
working properly", but the adapter card is installed internally in the body
of the laptop (would this really be a USB device?)

Any help/clues much appreciated ...