May move away from plusnet but not sure

Old January 9th 11, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
les

Default May move away from plusnet but not sure

Yep at least you have some LLU services.
I wish BT would be more upfront and say which exchanges are to be upgraded when as this would make my decision easier.
The best option maybe for me to upgrade my package with Plusnet to 60gb but I would hate to do this and then in a couple of months LLU be available.
Old January 9th 11, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"les" wrote in message
Yep at least you have some LLU services.
I wish BT would be more upfront and say which exchanges are to be upgraded
when as this would make my decision easier.
The best option maybe for me to upgrade my package with Plusnet to 60gb
but I would hate to do this and then in a couple of months LLU be
available.

If your exchange is not on the upgrade list you can reckon on at least two
years before anything gets done. There area handful of exchanges that won
the race to infinity but otherwise you will have to wait. Even if it is
upgraded don't expect to see any competitive deals from TT using the
facilities. You can get a better and cheaper inclusive deal with Plusnet.
Just look at the various packages on their site.

Peter Crosland

Old January 10th 11, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alanp

Yep at least you have some LLU services.
I wish BT would be more upfront and say which exchanges are to be upgraded
when as this would make my decision easier. The best option maybe for me to
upgrade my package with Plusnet to 60gb but I would hate to do this and then
in a couple of months LLU be available.

From Samknows the important info is :-

Serves (approx): 861 residential premises
41 non-residential premises

Thus you can forget about either BT Infinity or an LLU provider moving
in - your exchange is well and truly at the back of the queue.

Try Kitz :-

http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/isp_price_list.php

to check out your options on ipstream. Also, I think that BE can
provide you with a phone and b/band service even where they do not have
LLU presence in the exchange.

http://www.bethere.co.uk

Old January 10th 11, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 09/01/2011 11:17, les wrote:
I would hate to do this and then in a couple of months LLU be available.

Upgrading your account has no impact on your contractual obligations. If
you're not tied into a contract already then this shouldn't be anything
to worry about.

There's a fairly recent 21CN rollout schedule here -
http://community.plus.net/?s=wbc&x=0&y=0

Needless to say, your exchange isn't listed

Old January 10th 11, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 10/01/11 16:15, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
On 09/01/2011 11:17, les wrote:
I would hate to do this and then in a couple of months LLU be available.

Upgrading your account has no impact on your contractual obligations. If
you're not tied into a contract already then this shouldn't be anything
to worry about.

There's a fairly recent 21CN rollout schedule here -
http://community.plus.net/?s=wbc&x=0&y=0

Needless to say, your exchange isn't listed

I note that mine is and is due at the end of the month

I'm with plusnet, do I need to do anything to migrate onto ADSL2+? I'm
getting 4-6mbps at the moment so I envisage I'd get a distinct
improvement with ADSL2+.

Old January 10th 11, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

On 09/01/2011 11:17, les wrote:
I would hate to do this and then in a couple of months LLU be available.

Upgrading your account has no impact on your contractual obligations. If
you're not tied into a contract already then this shouldn't be anything
to worry about.

There's a fairly recent 21CN rollout schedule here -
http://community.plus.net/?s=wbc&x=0&y=0

Needless to say, your exchange isn't listed

I note that mine is and is due at the end of the month

I'm with plusnet, do I need to do anything to migrate onto ADSL2+? I'm
getting 4-6mbps at the moment so I envisage I'd get a distinct improvement
with ADSL2+.

That will depend on what you mean by 'distinct' as the speed improvements
taper of quite quickly after a point, also you may find your line is more
'sensitive' to noise spikes and the like which could lead to a lower profile
than you have already.

Old January 10th 11, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 09/01/2011 11:17, les wrote:
[...]

I had a look at the BT wholesale website (linked from Bob's post) and
looks like we've already been enabled. It claims we should be able get
10-19.5mbps. To me that seems like a distinct improvement :-)
Old January 11th 11, 01:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
River Tarnell

In article ,
chris wrote:
I'm with plusnet, do I need to do anything to migrate onto ADSL2+? I'm
getting 4-6mbps at the moment so I envisage I'd get a distinct
improvement with ADSL2+.

If you currently get 4-6Mbps on ADSL1, it's unlikely you'll see much (or
any) improvement on ADSL2+. Lines which are not able to use the full
set of ADSL1 frequencies (meaning 8Mbps on BT) will also be unable
to use the additional ADSL2+ frequencies.

- river.
Old January 11th 11, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 11/01/11 01:21, River Tarnell wrote:
In ,
wrote:
I'm with plusnet, do I need to do anything to migrate onto ADSL2+? I'm
getting 4-6mbps at the moment so I envisage I'd get a distinct
improvement with ADSL2+.

If you currently get 4-6Mbps on ADSL1, it's unlikely you'll see much (or
any) improvement on ADSL2+. Lines which are not able to use the full
set of ADSL1 frequencies (meaning 8Mbps on BT) will also be unable
to use the additional ADSL2+ frequencies.

My sync rate is 8Mbps, but my measured bandwidth is the above (and
sometimes higher). Does that make a difference?
Old January 11th 11, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:15:36 +0000, Plusnet Support Team
wrote:

On 09/01/2011 11:17, les wrote:
I would hate to do this and then in a couple of months LLU be available.

Upgrading your account has no impact on your contractual obligations. If
you're not tied into a contract already then this shouldn't be anything
to worry about.

There's a fairly recent 21CN rollout schedule here -
http://community.plus.net/?s=wbc&x=0&y=0

Although we're past the "latest enablement date" for my exchange I'm
pretty sure it hasn't been done.
--
(\__/) M.