Three Limits / Reduces Fair Use Data AND raises Prices

Old January 14th 11, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
SB

Default Three Limits / Reduces Fair Use Data AND raises Prices

Using an S2 it is possible to tether this to a netbook. Then to get
Internet you can pay 50p which is deducted from your mobile credit.

BUT whilst the account details via the main My3 website states that
this is for Fair Use, when checked on My3 on the S2 this is a mere
120MB. It seems that Three is reducing its allocations presumably due
to the rise in VAT.

120MB lasted me about two hours on the netbook before I got an alert
text sating that I was running low, and then 30 minutes later another
stating I had run out and if I needed more to pay another 50p.

AND apparently Three has also raised its PAYG and bundle prices quite
significanlty.

SB
Old January 14th 11, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"SB" wrote in message
Using an S2 it is possible to tether this to a netbook. Then to get
Internet you can pay 50p which is deducted from your mobile credit.

BUT whilst the account details via the main My3 website states that
this is for Fair Use, when checked on My3 on the S2 this is a mere
120MB. It seems that Three is reducing its allocations presumably due
to the rise in VAT.

120MB lasted me about two hours on the netbook before I got an alert
text sating that I was running low, and then 30 minutes later another
stating I had run out and if I needed more to pay another 50p.

AND apparently Three has also raised its PAYG and bundle prices quite
significanlty.
SB

How old is your 3 PAYG sim, is it on the original ringfenced My3,
or the new PAYG?

i.e. Is your monthly internet allowance for 5, 500Mb or 2gb?

Steve Terry

Old January 14th 11, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Jackson

In article ,
Steve Terry wrote:
How old is your 3 PAYG sim, is it on the original ringfenced My3,
or the new PAYG?

I have the same experience in my account as the OP: L0.50 "Internet
Daily" gets me nominally "fair use" rather than a numeric cap.

i.e. Is your monthly internet allowance for 5, 500Mb or 2gb?

If I look at "Buy add-ons" I see

INTERNET
Get access to the internet

Internet Daily L0.50
Internet Weekly L2.50
Email Monthly L3.00
Internet Montly L5.00

MOBILE BROADBAND
To surf the web using Mobile Broadband on your dongle you need to
select one of the Add-ons below.

Pay per month 1GB L10.00
Pay per month 3GB L15.00
Pay per month 7GB L25.00

Normally when I want to go online I buy "Internet Daily" which works
absolutely fine from my laptop and doesn't advertise any numerical
limit - it just says "fair use".

I can't look at the details for "Internet Monthly" because my credit
is less than L5, but if I look at "Internet Weekly" for L2.50 it just
says "Once activated, this add-on is valid for 7 days" with no mention
of a usage limit.

--
Ian Jackson personal email:
These opinions are my own. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/
Old January 14th 11, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"SB" wrote in message
Using an S2 it is possible to tether this to a netbook. Then to get
Internet you can pay 50p which is deducted from your mobile credit.

BUT whilst the account details via the main My3 website states that
this is for Fair Use, when checked on My3 on the S2 this is a mere
120MB. It seems that Three is reducing its allocations presumably due
to the rise in VAT.

120MB lasted me about two hours on the netbook before I got an alert
text sating that I was running low, and then 30 minutes later another
stating I had run out and if I needed more to pay another 50p.

AND apparently Three has also raised its PAYG and bundle prices quite
significanlty.

SB

And they phoned today...

Old January 14th 11, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
SB

On Jan 14, 5:59*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In article ,

Steve Terry wrote:
[...]

The 'Fair Use' for a day at 50p is only 120MB - it usually lasts 24
hours or more.

Well that's all I got!!

SB
Old January 15th 11, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
SB

On Jan 14, 10:17*pm, SB wrote:
On Jan 14, 5:59*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In article ,

Steve Terry wrote:
[...]

SB- Hide quoted text -

Actually what I meant was: the 120MB is supposed to last 24 hours or
more. Of course if used by tethering then it only lasts a few hours -
as I discovered.

SB
Old January 16th 11, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

In uk.telecom.mobile SB wrote:
Actually what I meant was: the 120MB is supposed to last 24 hours or
more. Of course if used by tethering then it only lasts a few hours -
as I discovered.

The 'Internet Daily/Weekly/Monthly' tariffs are intended for phone use only.
AFAIK there's always been a 'fair use' of 120MB on the daily package (on
Flat12, 3Pay old and 3Pay new), but it was buried deep in the small print
somewhere. Only recently have they made it conspicuous on 3Pay - sounds
like they haven't done so for Flat12/WePay (yet?)

Theo
Old January 16th 11, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
John Kenyon

On 16/01/2011 12:51, Theo Markettos wrote:
In uk.telecom.mobile SB wrote:
Actually what I meant was: the 120MB is supposed to last 24 hours or
more. Of course if used by tethering then it only lasts a few hours -
as I discovered.

The 'Internet Daily/Weekly/Monthly' tariffs are intended for phone use only.
AFAIK there's always been a 'fair use' of 120MB on the daily package (on
Flat12, 3Pay old and 3Pay new), but it was buried deep in the small print
somewhere. Only recently have they made it conspicuous on 3Pay - sounds
like they haven't done so for Flat12/WePay (yet?)

I believe I'm on "3 pay new", but the only options I have are Daily
(120Mb) and Monthly (500Mb). Never had a problem using a dongle.

Old January 17th 11, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
David Hearn

On 15/01/2011 01:41, SB wrote:
On Jan 14, 10:17 pm, wrote:
On Jan 14, 5:59 pm, Ian
wrote:

In ,

Steve wrote:
[...]

120MB (@50p) over 30 days is 3.6GB (15). Turning it around, if they'd
said 15 per month for 3.6GB, then it doesn't sound unreasonable. I
guess they're trying to avoid people using up all their bandwidth in 1
day (50p).

Old January 17th 11, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
mobaholic

I believe I'm on "3 pay new", but the only options I have are Daily
(120Mb) and Monthly (500Mb). Never had a problem using a dongle.

If they are the options shown in Your 3, you are *NOT* on 3 Pay !

The 3 Pay options given a-

Internet Daily 0.50

Internet Weekly 2.50

Email Monthly 3.00

Internet Monthly 5.00

You *must* be on the new Pay & Go tariff