Outdoor network cabling.

Old January 16th 11, 08:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter Crosland

Default Outdoor network cabling.

I am familiar with installing small internal wired networks but I have been
asked to investigate the possible installation of a CAT5e network cable in
an outdoor environment. The length will be 80-90 metres and of course
outdoor quality cable will be specified. A short section will be in a
subterranean duct and the rest will be fixed to a low wall just below the
capstones. Apart from the obvious things is there anything else I should
look out for that might be relevant. TIA.

Peter Crosland