Download speed IP profile?

Old January 17th 11, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

Default Download speed IP profile?

I just used the BT Speed test website to measure line speed: it gave me a
download speed of 3793 Kbps but an IP profile of only 3500 Kbps.

I am seeing download speeds of slightly greater than 3500 Kbps which
suggests that the speed test download speed of 3793 Kbps is correct.

I have a synch rate of 4576 Kbps and so the IP profile seems to be correct
at 3500. But how can I have a higher download speed than the IP profile?

Old January 18th 11, 02:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Gareth wrote:
I just used the BT Speed test website to measure line speed: it gave me
a download speed of 3793 Kbps but an IP profile of only 3500 Kbps.

I am seeing download speeds of slightly greater than 3500 Kbps which
suggests that the speed test download speed of 3793 Kbps is correct.

I have a synch rate of 4576 Kbps and so the IP profile seems to be
correct at 3500. But how can I have a higher download speed than the IP
profile?

Buffering timing and caching can give false results.

Old January 18th 11, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
198 kHz

"Gareth" wrote in message

I have a synch rate of 4576 Kbps and so the IP profile seems to be correct
at 3500.

You only need a sync of 4000 for a 3500 profile. If the sync is maintained
above 4544 the profile should be 4000.

--
Martin

Old January 19th 11, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:03:57 -0000, "198 kHz"
wrote:

"Gareth" wrote in message

I have a synch rate of 4576 Kbps and so the IP profile seems to be correct
at 3500.

You only need a sync of 4000 for a 3500 profile. If the sync is maintained
above 4544 the profile should be 4000.

But it will take several days to get there.
--
(\__/) M.

Old January 21st 11, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Mark" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:03:57 -0000, "198 kHz"
wrote:

"Gareth" wrote in message
.. .

I have a synch rate of 4576 Kbps and so the IP profile seems to be
correct
at 3500.

You only need a sync of 4000 for a 3500 profile. If the sync is maintained
above 4544 the profile should be 4000.

But it will take several days to get there.

If you're lucky and don't have any noise spikes (or power cuts)