plusnet refer a friend

Old January 22nd 11, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
les

Default plusnet refer a friend

Personally I think nothing is wrong with offering out a discount on a signup (I wish someone had done it when I signed up)
The newsgroup is relevant to the postings.
There are loads of things that should be banned in newsgroups but don't deem this as being inappropriate.

BTW Whats
in your signature? appropriate?? lol
Old January 22nd 11, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

On 22/1/11 09:48, les wrote:

There are loads of things that should be banned in newsgroups

Yea, replying without quoting should be one of them!

--
J B
Old January 23rd 11, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:48:07 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Howard Neil disturbed my reverie and wrote:

You are wrong. You are also very objectionable. You should consider
yourself lucky I am retired.

What a 'tard. Free speech rules, waste of space.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old January 25th 11, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside S9

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:01:23 +0000, DrTeeth
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:57:19 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, George Weston disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

As are other all-encompassing offences/crimes, and the CPS have no
hesitation in using them to prosecute.
I can think of one such - the crime of conspiracy.
Translation: if they can't actually get you for murder, causing
explosions and so on, due to lack of hard evidence, they'll instead have
you for "conspiracy to..." if they can prove you talked to someone about
it beforehand.
The penalties are just as severe.
So really, there doesn't need to be a specific offence for you to get
"done" if another, all-encompassing offence already exists.
They still create new offences though, like using a mobile phone while
driving.
There was no need for that - they could have relied on driving without
due care & attention, or driving dangerously...

A refreshing voice of reason. I always wondered why they decided on
the mobile phone one, totally unnecessary as you say. There is not
specific offences for eating and drinking whilst driving, but there
was a well publicised case of a driver being done for eating an apple
whilst driving,

Huighway Code advice 148 lists activities to be avoided whilst driving
as they could be a cause of distraction. Plod will see these
activities / distractions as Driving without due care and *attention*.
(my emphasis).

Here's what 148 says:-

148
Safe driving and riding needs concentration.

Avoid distractions when driving or riding such as

•loud music (this may mask other sounds)
•trying to read maps
•inserting a cassette or CD or tuning a radio
•arguing with your passengers or other road users
•eating and drinking
•smoking

--
brightside S9