DGN1000

Old January 26th 11, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default DGN1000

Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it any
better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

TIA

--
Graham J

Old January 26th 11, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Parker51

Graham J wrote:

Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it
any better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

TIA

Had one for only a few months but can't fault it so far. Easy to use,
set up and maintain. Browser interface is fine. Recently changed my
printer for a new one which is wireless (never had one of these before)
and that works flawlessly. Previously I had Linksys routers and have to
admit that I never experienced problems with those either. So far so
good then. Hope you get on well

Old January 26th 11, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Parker51" wrote in message
Graham J wrote:

Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it
any better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

TIA

Had one for only a few months but can't fault it so far. Easy to use,
set up and maintain. Browser interface is fine. Recently changed my
printer for a new one which is wireless (never had one of these before)
and that works flawlessly. Previously I had Linksys routers and have to
admit that I never experienced problems with those either. So far so
good then. Hope you get on well

Interesting. The reviews on Amaxon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DGN1...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

are very negative ...

--
Graham J

Old January 27th 11, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

On 26/01/11 23:39, Graham J wrote:
wrote in message
Graham J wrote:

Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it
any better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

TIA

Had one for only a few months but can't fault it so far. Easy to use,
set up and maintain. Browser interface is fine. Recently changed my
printer for a new one which is wireless (never had one of these before)
and that works flawlessly. Previously I had Linksys routers and have to
admit that I never experienced problems with those either. So far so
good then. Hope you get on well

Interesting. The reviews on Amaxon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DGN1...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

are very negative ...

Had a look at the reviews and can say that I don't recognise the product
described: the only reboots since I have had the DGN1000 (Oct/Nov 2010)
are down to my line down-link speed being reduced by BT (exactly as with
my previous Zyxel) just to increase the up-link speed and maintain a
12dB SNR.

So far, it has been reliable (I flashed the latest firmware when I got
it) and 11g capability is improved throughout the house.

Have just forced an ADSL2 connection (instead of ADSL2+) to see if that
improves the situation on my 62dB line.

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old January 27th 11, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tankboy

On 26/01/2011 20:41, Graham J wrote:
Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it any
better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

Similar performance to the earlier DG834G.

One bug I've found is when remote management is enables (on any port)
port forwarding for http traffic on port 80 does not work. Not a major
issue but will cause concern for some.

Old January 27th 11, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message

"Parker51" wrote in message
Graham J wrote:

Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it
any better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

TIA

Had one for only a few months but can't fault it so far. Easy to use,
set up and maintain. Browser interface is fine. Recently changed my
printer for a new one which is wireless (never had one of these before)
and that works flawlessly. Previously I had Linksys routers and have to
admit that I never experienced problems with those either. So far so
good then. Hope you get on well

Interesting. The reviews on Amaxon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DGN1...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

are very negative ...

Has anybody any experience with this one:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/getne...-4-port-switch

--

Graham J

Old January 28th 11, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 26/01/2011 20:41, Graham J wrote:
Has anybody any experience of the DGN1000 router? Specfically, is it any
better or worse than earlier Netgear models?

I used one briefly but the Wi-Fi connectivity wasn't good enough for my
circumstances. The desktop upstairs would struggle to hold onto the
signal, whereas the 150Mbps Zyxel N router I've been using since has
been fine.