Adsl2+ settings?

Old January 31st 11, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ChrisC

Default Adsl2+ settings?

My ADSL connection has now been upgraded to ADSL2+ from ADSLMax. What
settings do I need to change on my router to get the full benefit? I
have a modulation type setting that was set at MMode which I have
changed to adsl2+. Both settings seem to work equally well. Does it
matter which I use and are there other settings that need changing?
Old January 31st 11, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
ChrisC wrote:

My ADSL connection has now been upgraded to ADSL2+ from ADSLMax. What
settings do I need to change on my router to get the full benefit? I
have a modulation type setting that was set at MMode which I have
changed to adsl2+. Both settings seem to work equally well. Does it
matter which I use and are there other settings that need changing?

"MMode" is probably short for "MultiMode" meaning "choose the right
thing", which would be 2+.

You shouldn't have to change any settings.

-- Richard

Old January 31st 11, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"ChrisC" wrote in message ...
My ADSL connection has now been upgraded to ADSL2+ from ADSLMax. What
settings do I need to change on my router to get the full benefit? I
have a modulation type setting that was set at MMode which I have
changed to adsl2+. Both settings seem to work equally well. Does it
matter which I use and are there other settings that need changing?

It might heop if you told us which ISP and which router

My Netgear DG834PN needed some settings that were unfamilliar to me when I switched to
BE ADSL2+ like LLC multiplexing and VCI=110.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old January 31st 11, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:38:20 -0800 (PST), just as I was about to take
a herb, ChrisC disturbed my reverie and wrote:

My ADSL connection has now been upgraded to ADSL2+ from ADSLMax. What
settings do I need to change on my router to get the full benefit? I
have a modulation type setting that was set at MMode which I have
changed to adsl2+. Both settings seem to work equally well. Does it
matter which I use and are there other settings that need changing?

Funnily enough, I'd expect your ISP to have the answers to this one!
--

Cheers,

DrT