BE and usenet?

Old February 15th 11, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Default BE and usenet?

Very simple question... does BE provide (text) usenet?

Cheers,
Chris
Old February 15th 11, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
River Tarnell

In article ,
Chris Davies wrote:
does BE provide (text) usenet?

No.

- river.
Old February 15th 11, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
River Tarnell

In article ,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 15/02/2011 16:31, Chris Davies wrote:
Very simple question... does BE provide (text) usenet?

Nope but you won't find fault with news.eternal-september.org

There are several other free news servers around:

http://albasani.net/
http://aioe.org/
http://www.x-privat.org/

I can also recommend http://news.individual.net/, which is not free, but
only costs EUR10/year.

- river.
Old February 15th 11, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Nope but you won't find fault with news.eternal-september.org

OK that's fine. I run leafnode here and already pull from Albasani and
aioe, and I've heard good things about E-S so I'll add them to my list.

Cheers,
Chris
Old February 16th 11, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

River Tarnell wrote:
In article ,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 15/02/2011 16:31, Chris Davies wrote:
Very simple question... does BE provide (text) usenet?

Nope but you won't find fault with news.eternal-september.org

There are several other free news servers around:

http://albasani.net/
http://aioe.org/
http://www.x-privat.org/

and news2.neva.ru

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/g4wwk