Higher Sync speed today.

Old February 21st 11, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Higher Sync speed today.

It is strange my Sync. speed is 15400 kbps today over a 1000 more than
before.
I'm on BE up to 24 Mb unlimited.
Regards
David

Old February 21st 11, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

David wrote:
It is strange my Sync. speed is 15400 kbps today over a 1000 more than
before.
I'm on BE up to 24 Mb unlimited.
Regards
David

Prolly them solar flares have died down, eh?

;-)
Old February 22nd 11, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
David wrote:

It is strange my Sync. speed is 15400 kbps today over a 1000 more than
before.

I hate when that happens.

During the cold weather before christmas, my modem resynced at 20Mb/s
instead of the usual 17. Naturally this didn't last, and when it
failed the noise margin target increased to 12dB so it's now syncing
at 15Mb/s.

-- Richard
Old February 22nd 11, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
In article ,
David wrote:

It is strange my Sync. speed is 15400 kbps today over a 1000 more than
before.

I hate when that happens.

During the cold weather before christmas, my modem resynced at 20Mb/s
instead of the usual 17. Naturally this didn't last, and when it
failed the noise margin target increased to 12dB so it's now syncing
at 15Mb/s.

It as stayed at this new higher speed.
The graph record show a more or less steady line previously with this step
up between 20/21 Feb.
I think it is the weather think BT done something with the line or BE with
their equipment.
The Exchange I think will have workers in as it is due to go 21CN next
month.
Regards
David

Old February 23rd 11, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:

It is strange my Sync. speed is 15400 kbps today over a 1000 more than
before.

I hate when that happens.

During the cold weather before christmas, my modem resynced at 20Mb/s
instead of the usual 17. Naturally this didn't last, and when it
failed the noise margin target increased to 12dB so it's now syncing
at 15Mb/s.

Join the club. I've been down at a 2500 BRAS for weeks, now, finally the
powers that be have decided the stability is back and my noise margin
went from 12 back to 9dB, my synch speed popped up frok 3500 to around
4000 and once again after a suitably long period of cogitation, my BRAS
is up to 3000.

-- Richard