TalkTalk Internet SNAFU'd?

Old March 5th 11, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
alexander.keys1

Default TalkTalk Internet SNAFU'd?

There are some serious problems with TalkTalk broadband ADSL, many
webpages are refusing to download completely or at all, using Mozilla
Firefox under WindowsXP, and Internet Explorer won't download any at
all, it just hangs.

Old March 5th 11, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Mark Carver

alexander.keys1 wrote:
There are some serious problems with TalkTalk broadband ADSL, many
webpages are refusing to download completely or at all, using Mozilla
Firefox under WindowsXP, and Internet Explorer won't download any at
all, it just hangs.

Tried changing DNS server settings, perhaps TT's are borked ?

Stick in Open DNS's

208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old March 5th 11, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gordon Darling

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 19:57:54 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

alexander.keys1 wrote:
There are some serious problems with TalkTalk broadband ADSL, many
webpages are refusing to download completely or at all, using Mozilla
Firefox under WindowsXP, and Internet Explorer won't download any at
all, it just hangs.

Tried changing DNS server settings, perhaps TT's are borked ?

Stick in Open DNS's

208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220

I've had no problems with TalkTalk today but I'm using the OpenDNS
servers.

Regards
Gordon

--
ox∑y∑mo∑ron
n. pl. ox∑y∑mo∑ra or ox∑y∑mo∑rons
Old March 6th 11, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Sultan of Usenet

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:55:01 -0800, alexander.keys1 made love to the
words:

There are some serious problems with TalkTalk broadband ADSL, many
webpages are refusing to download completely or at all, using Mozilla
Firefox under WindowsXP, and Internet Explorer won't download any at
all, it just hangs.

Perhaps someone has hacked you, replaced dns and routes to a proxy.......
Old March 6th 11, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Andy Pandy

alexander.keys1 wrote:
There are some serious problems with TalkTalk broadband ADSL, many
webpages are refusing to download completely or at all, using
Mozilla
Firefox under WindowsXP, and Internet Explorer won't download any
at
all, it just hangs.

Tried changing DNS server settings, perhaps TT's are borked ?

Stick in Open DNS's

208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220

I've had no problems with TalkTalk today but I'm using the OpenDNS
servers.

I've had no problems and I'm using TT's DNS servers.

--
Andy