Misdirected email?

Old March 13th 11, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

Default Misdirected email?

On 10 Mar 2011 21:48:42 GMT, Barry wrote:

We know nothing about the 'sky' recipient and as far as I know the
originator specified the correct email address in the 'To:' field. None of
the emails concerned were replies.

Email usually isn't routed using the 'To' field; it's routed using
what's in the 'SMTP envelope.'

Fortunately the 'sky' recipient seems to be a honest person and brought the
misdirection to our attention as soon as they received the first one (of
quite a few)

Was the original email general 'spam' or was it from someone you know?

It would be interesting to see the headers of one of the original
emails received by the friendly Sky recipient.
--
Martin Jay
Old March 13th 11, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rodney Pont

On 10 Mar 2011 12:15:38 GMT, Barry wrote:

Is this a btconnect issue? The emails originate from different senders so I
don't think it's a local issue. Any suggestions how to proceed would be
appreciated.

Have you tried going to the btconnect web site for the email to check
it a redirect has been put in there?

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com