phone/broadband for only six months

Old March 17th 11, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim....

Default phone/broadband for only six months

I'm moving house again and there's a good chance this property will only be
for six months.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which suppliers will offer me a six
month term (though with a reasonable price if I do stay longer).

The only provides of LLU on my (new) exchange are AOL/C&W/Orange/Sky/Tiscali
none of which appeal ,so it needs to be a open access operator

TIA

tim

Old March 17th 11, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

tim.... wrote:
I'm moving house again and there's a good chance this property will only be
for six months.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which suppliers will offer me a six
month term (though with a reasonable price if I do stay longer).

The only provides of LLU on my (new) exchange are AOL/C&W/Orange/Sky/Tiscali
none of which appeal ,so it needs to be a open access operator

IIRC most of the small providers will do a 'month by month' contract,
the only proviso being an upfront connection charge.

It's up to you to work out which is cheapest.

TIA

tim

Old March 17th 11, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"tim...." wrote in message
I'm moving house again and there's a good chance this property will only
be for six months.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which suppliers will offer me a
six month term (though with a reasonable price if I do stay longer).

The only provides of LLU on my (new) exchange are
AOL/C&W/Orange/Sky/Tiscali none of which appeal ,so it needs to be a open
access operator

A number of them will but AFAIK all will charge for early network
termination. You also need to find out what charges they make if you move to
another address since some will do this much cheaper than others. It is also
sensible to consider one that has a good reputation for customer service
that is based in the UK. Despite the occasional problem that all ISPs suffer
from I have found Plusnet reasonably priced and have a good level of
service.

Peter Crosland

Old March 17th 11, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
"tim...." wrote in message
[...]

For ADSL Zen Internet will charge by the month and allow you to move house
once every 6 months at no extra cost. If you already have ADSL you can
migrate to Zen at no charge. Provided you give them warning (3 weeks) and
follow their instructions (as to how to transfer the landline) diligently
they will move your ADSL service to the new location with only a few minutes
break in service.

Can't say anything about the phone line rental ...

--
Graham J

Old March 17th 11, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim....

"tim...." wrote in message
[...]

No dates available for phone installation until 12/04 (and then another 5-7
days delay for the BB to be activated)

Bloody ell, is that normal or did I just get unlucky!?

tim

Old March 17th 11, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

"tim...." wrote in message
[...]

Pretty normal these days sadly.

tim

Old March 17th 11, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"tim...." wrote in message
[...]

Just check the prices first at least 50% more for Zen. Not a competitive
deal at all.

Peter Crosland