BRAS after migration to FTTC

Old March 23rd 11, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Mountifield

Default BRAS after migration to FTTC

Has anyone here migrated to FTTC and then had issues with BRAS?

My ADSL router was still connected to the line when the engineer
started working on the cabinet, and for a short time it resynced
at only 576k download. This caused the BRAS profile to be reset
to 500k.

Once the migration was completed and the VDSL modem was connected
and synced, this BRAS was still in place and is causing my download
speed to be capped at half a meg, even though the engineer's test set
showed my line would sync at 38Mb! Upload is a creditable 8Mb, so
there's nothing wrong with the line.

The guy at AAISP support told me to power off the modem for 5 min
(I actually did 20 min) and then power on again, when the system
should see the new sync and reset the BRAS within a couple of hours.
I'm still waiting for the BRAS to get reset, but I'm not optimistic.
I think it really needs to be told to start its 10-day cycle again.

Comments?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: - http://www.softins.co.uk
Old March 23rd 11, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Tony Mountifield" wrote in message
[...]

AAISP should be able to force the BRAS to reset. They might have do so
through BT.

Talk to them - they should at least understand the problem.

--
Graham J

Old March 23rd 11, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 23/03/2011 in message Tony
Mountifield wrote:

The guy at AAISP support told me to power off the modem for 5 min
(I actually did 20 min) and then power on again, when the system
should see the new sync and reset the BRAS within a couple of hours.
I'm still waiting for the BRAS to get reset, but I'm not optimistic.
I think it really needs to be told to start its 10-day cycle again.

I don't have FTTC but when I had a fault fixed recently on an ADSL line
the sync speed went back up immediately but I had to re-boot the modem the
following day to get the BRAS back to where it should be.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
Old March 23rd 11, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Tony Mountifield wrote:
[...]

Get AAISP to ask for it then.

IME you need about 4-5 days of stability to get the BRAS sorted.

Comments?

Cheers
Tony

Old March 23rd 11, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sultan of Usenet

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:30:29 +0000, Tony Mountifield made love to the
words:

The guy at AAISP support told me to power off the modem for 5 min (I
actually did 20 min) and then power on again, when the system should see
the new sync and reset the BRAS within a couple of hours. I'm still
waiting for the BRAS to get reset, but I'm not optimistic. I think it
really needs to be told to start its 10-day cycle again.

Comments?

Cheers
Tony

He's talking out of his arse. Have them get BTW to reset the profile -
you pay the arseholes enough money to have them jump through hoops for
you whilst performing the can-can. Tell them to actually *live up* to
their worthless promises on support for once in their sorry lives.
Old March 23rd 11, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Mountifield

In article ,
Tony Mountifield wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the replies (except for Sultan's profanity).

Fortunately, mine did reset itself (or was poked) at about 13:11, and
has now changed from 500K to 34M. Much better!

Tony

Old March 23rd 11, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:04:31 +0000, Sultan of Usenet wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:30:29 +0000, Tony Mountifield made love to the
words:

The guy at AAISP support told me to power off the modem for 5 min (I
actually did 20 min) and then power on again, when the system should
see the new sync and reset the BRAS within a couple of hours. I'm still
waiting for the BRAS to get reset, but I'm not optimistic. I think it
really needs to be told to start its 10-day cycle again.

Comments?

Cheers
Tony

He's talking out of his arse. Have them get BTW to reset the profile -
you pay the arseholes enough money to have them jump through hoops for
you whilst performing the can-can. Tell them to actually *live up* to
their worthless promises on support for once in their sorry lives.

But he was perfectly right...it reset soon afterwards.

Touchy, aren't we?

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old March 23rd 11, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 23/03/2011 in message Tony
Mountifield wrote:

Fortunately, mine did reset itself (or was poked) at about 13:11, and
has now changed from 500K to 34M. Much better!

34M, jammy get :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his