Look North Web site will not let me see past editions.

Old March 28th 11, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Look North Web site will not let me see past editions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5m/episodes/2011
I can't get any of them.

Do the BBC check where one is so as to limit viewing of local TV programs to
that local area?
I know when I'm in Europe I can't get BBC TV on my laptop because they can
tell I'm not in the UK.
I am in West Yorkshire but I'm wondering if they do limit to computers in
West Yorkshire if something is indecating to them incorrectly that I'm not
in West Yorkshire?
I have emailed them but they acknowlege that it will be read but not replied
to!
Regards
David

Old March 28th 11, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 28/03/2011 in message David wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5m/episodes/2011
I can't get any of them.

Do the BBC check where one is so as to limit viewing of local TV programs
to that local area?

I can get through fine from Wiltshire so perhaps a temporary hitch?

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his
Old March 29th 11, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 28/03/11 22:35, David wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5m/episodes/2011
I can't get any of them.

Do the BBC check where one is so as to limit viewing of local TV
programs to that local area?
I know when I'm in Europe I can't get BBC TV on my laptop because they
can tell I'm not in the UK.
I am in West Yorkshire but I'm wondering if they do limit to computers
in West Yorkshire if something is indecating to them incorrectly that
I'm not in West Yorkshire?
I have emailed them but they acknowlege that it will be read but not
replied to!

From what I can see (I'm in Scotland), only the 18:30 on 28 March 2011
edition is available. Although the others are clickable, only that one
has '10 hours left to watch' and an iPlayer icon.
Old March 29th 11, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"chris" wrote in message
On 28/03/11 22:35, David wrote:

From what I can see (I'm in Scotland), only the 18:30 on 28 March 2011
edition is available. Although the others are clickable, only that one has
'10 hours left to watch' and an iPlayer icon.

In that case it they only give such a limited time of say no more than 24
hours to view it then I was not home so soon.
Rather a daft carry on by the BBC though limiting to a day within broadcast.
The BBC do seem these days to be a completely out of control organization.
Thanks.
David

Old March 29th 11, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris

On 29/03/11 09:31, David wrote:

"chris" wrote in message
On 28/03/11 22:35, David wrote:

From what I can see (I'm in Scotland), only the 18:30 on 28 March 2011
edition is available. Although the others are clickable, only that one
has '10 hours left to watch' and an iPlayer icon.

In that case it they only give such a limited time of say no more than
24 hours to view it then I was not home so soon.
Rather a daft carry on by the BBC though limiting to a day within
broadcast. The BBC do seem these days to be a completely out of control
organization.

I'd imagine it's a pragmatic decision. They can't keep everything
indefinitely and news programs are out-of-date almost immediately.