Plusnet

Old March 29th 11, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith

Default Plusnet

I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband, "good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Keith

Old March 29th 11, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Balfour

On 29/03/2011 17:28, Keith wrote:
I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband, "good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Keith

Been with Plusnet for several years now and I've never regretted the
decision.

AlexB
Old March 29th 11, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 29/03/2011 17:28, Keith wrote:
I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband, "good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Keith

That offer is their "bargain basement" offering (Plusnet Value).
It might be OK for you or not, dependant on your usage pattern.
Plusnet packages are subject to usage caps and "traffic management"
(throttling).
I'm with Plusnet but have opted for their Pro tariff (over 20) as it's
not throttled at any time, which suits me.

George
Old March 29th 11, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

On 29/3/11 17:28, Keith wrote:
I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband, "good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Think I pay Plusnet less than that for another 'restricted by line
speed' decent connection.
The "from 6.49" is for LLU (?) connections - can you get that?

--
J B
Old March 29th 11, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 29/03/2011 20:12, J B wrote:
On 29/3/11 17:28, Keith wrote:
I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband, "good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Think I pay Plusnet less than that for another 'restricted by line
speed' decent connection.
The "from 6.49" is for LLU (?) connections - can you get that?

The 6.49 is not LLU. It's only available for three months and only
applies to exchange areas where there is LLU competition.
After the three months is up it increases to 10.79 or 12.99 depending
on where you live.
Old March 29th 11, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 211 + on netbook

George Weston wrote:
On 29/03/2011 20:12, J B wrote:
On 29/3/11 17:28, Keith wrote:
I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband,
"good support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Think I pay Plusnet less than that for another 'restricted by line
speed' decent connection.
The "from 6.49" is for LLU (?) connections - can you get that?

The 6.49 is not LLU. It's only available for three months and only
applies to exchange areas where there is LLU competition.
After the three months is up it increases to 10.79 or 12.99 depending
on where you live.

Strange! I change my 14-99 Plusnet package to the 6-49 package in
November last year George, and I'm still paying 6-49 per month and it has
increased my usage allowance from 2 GB to 10 GB and changed from ADSL to
ADSL2+ with a marginal increase in d/l speed and slightly more stable
connection (or so it seems). Synch rate was increased from 7616 kbps to
8000+ kbps - currently it's 9251 kbps.
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 29 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old March 29th 11, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 29/03/2011 20:36, George Weston wrote:
On 29/03/2011 20:12, J B wrote:
On 29/3/11 17:28, Keith wrote:
I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband,
"good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Think I pay Plusnet less than that for another 'restricted by line
speed' decent connection.
The "from 6.49" is for LLU (?) connections - can you get that?

The 6.49 is not LLU. It's only available for three months and only
applies to exchange areas where there is LLU competition.
After the three months is up it increases to 10.79 or 12.99 depending
on where you live.

To be a bit more specific, the 6.49 price after three months is only
for 'market3' exchanges: those where there are 4 or more providers (LLU
or cable).

So, if you're on a market 3 exchange you'll only ever pay 6.49.
Old March 29th 11, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alanp

I've received an off, by snail mail, "from 6.49 pm" for broadband, "good
support", nothing about speed, reliability...
Been with Zen for a few years, superlative support, only restricted by
(BT's) line speed, very reliable, but 18ish pm.
Any comments about PlusNet?

Keith

Check the Ofcom classication of your local exchange here :-

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php

or

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

If you are on a Market 3 exchange, you will get Plusnet Value package
for 6.50/month indefinitely.

Alan P

Old March 29th 11, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 29/03/2011 in message Flyig u 211
+ on netbook wrote:

Strange! I change my 14-99 Plusnet package to the 6-49 package in
November last year George, and I'm still paying 6-49 per month

It's probably a special discount for Yorkshiremen :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
Old March 30th 11, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 29/03/2011 21:05, Flyig u 211 + on netbook wrote:
George Weston wrote:
On 29/03/2011 20:12, J B wrote:
On 29/3/11 17:28, Keith wrote:
[...]

I'd stay quiet if I were you, FN!