What does this mean for my area, 21st Century.

Old April 4th 11, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default What does this mean for my area, 21st Century.

BT 21st Century Network (21CN) rollout
Wholesale Broadband Connect should be available in your area from March 31st
2011
There is currently no 21CN migration date for your PSTN service.
Regards
David

Old April 4th 11, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bernard Peek

On 04/04/11 23:04, David wrote:
BT 21st Century Network (21CN) rollout
Wholesale Broadband Connect should be available in your area from March
31st 2011
There is currently no 21CN migration date for your PSTN service.

It means that you should now be able to switch to ADSL 2+ connections
which are the type usually advertised as "Up to 20Mb/sec." See what
services your ISP offers.

--
Bernard Peek

Old April 5th 11, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Bernard Peek" wrote in message
On 04/04/11 23:04, David wrote:
BT 21st Century Network (21CN) rollout
Wholesale Broadband Connect should be available in your area from March
31st 2011
There is currently no 21CN migration date for your PSTN service.

It means that you should now be able to switch to ADSL 2+ connections
which are the type usually advertised as "Up to 20Mb/sec." See what
services your ISP offers.

That means all ISP's on my exchange can now offer higher speeds I take it.
EG mine is LLU (up to 24Mb) from there so others will come up in speed too
like BT and Tesco which only offered me up to 8Mb.

Thanks
David

Old April 5th 11, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

On 04/04/11 23:04, David wrote:

That means all ISP's on my exchange can now offer higher speeds I take it.
EG mine is LLU (up to 24Mb) from there so others will come up in speed too
like BT and Tesco which only offered me up to 8Mb.

Just checked with BT, at present they say with them I would get 5MB and
after 7th. July it would be 6MB.
TalkTalk say 7.9Mb
Tesco say a max of 7MB.

Be unlimited are giving me 13Mb so the others are out in the cold as
competition.

Is the rollout of Fiber and this 21CN related?
What I mean as we just got this 21CN does it indicate we are way behind
other exchanges in developments.
Regards
David

Old April 5th 11, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

David wrote:

Is the rollout of Fiber and this 21CN related?

Well, an exchange has to be 21CN enabled before it can be FTTC enabled,
but the former is absolutely no guarantee of getting the latter within
any reasonable timescale.

Old April 5th 11, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On 04/04/11 23:04, David wrote:

That means all ISP's on my exchange can now offer higher speeds I take it.
EG mine is LLU (up to 24Mb) from there so others will come up in speed too
like BT and Tesco which only offered me up to 8Mb.

Just checked with BT, at present they say with them I would get 5MB and
after 7th. July it would be 6MB.
TalkTalk say 7.9Mb
Tesco say a max of 7MB.

Be unlimited are giving me 13Mb so the others are out in the cold as
competition.

Is the rollout of Fiber and this 21CN related?
What I mean as we just got this 21CN does it indicate we are way behind
other exchanges in developments.

They are not directly related. However I would guess if BT have not
bothered to upgrade your exchange yet they will also be slow at
installing FTTC.
--
(\__/) M.

Old April 5th 11, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

David wrote:
: That means all ISP's on my exchange can now offer higher speeds I take it.
: EG mine is LLU (up to 24Mb) from there so others will come up in speed too
: like BT and Tesco which only offered me up to 8Mb.

The LLU operators (Sky, O2, Be etc. etc.) are totally unaffected by BT's
21CN upgrade. You are correct that the ones who use BT's wholesale products
should now be able to offer similar servies.