Bonded ADSL Lines

Old April 8th 11, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Default Bonded ADSL Lines

Eclipse 120 per month for 4 lines

Andrews & Arnold ~200 per month for 2 lines.

Hmm.

Anyone any experience of Eclipse? We have an A&A line already, so know
how good they are.

Old April 8th 11, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Jono wrote:
Eclipse 120 per month for 4 lines

Andrews & Arnold ~200 per month for 2 lines.

Hmm.

Anyone any experience of Eclipse? We have an A&A line already, so know
how good they are.

They may have changed now, but they didn't used to do proper business
grade ADSL - ie. their lines via the BT wholesale network were strictly
"standard" traffic weighting, and their business products just gave
extra GB per month.

.... As a customer of mine has found out to their detriment recently -
they wanted 800Kbps upload, but only got 400Kbps... And they're locked
into a one-year contract too.

They may be bonding on LLU lines though which might be different.

You might want to look at EFM products now though - Ethernet first Mile.

Gordon
Old April 8th 11, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Jono
chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Eclipse 120 per month for 4 lines

Andrews & Arnold ~200 per month for 2 lines.

Depending on what they're bonding, 2 lines might not be worth the candle, ie
you may get better performance from a single ASDL2+ than a pair of
"ordinary" ADSL lines.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:49:47 up 12 min, 6 users, load average: 0.15, 0.36, 0.37

Old April 8th 11, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:46:21 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Java Jive disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

You can consider that as relevant or irrelevant as you wish.

It depends why you are moving.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old April 9th 11, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 08/04/2011 19:46, Java Jive wrote:
I've got nomal domestic ADSL from Eclipse, not bonded lines, and I've
got my MAC and am due to leave them next Monday.

You can consider that as relevant or irrelevant as you wish.

I've got normal domestic ADSL from them and I'm quite happy.

Well, as happy as you can expect when I get just over 2 megs from BT's
aluminium cable.

Andy
Old April 9th 11, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

DrTeeth submitted this idea :
wrote:

You can consider that as relevant or irrelevant as you wish.

It depends why you are moving.

Missed something here (Java Jive's message)

Old April 9th 11, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Hammond

This looks cheap for bonded broadband
http://uk.store.sharedband.com/index.php?stage=1

Stephen

Old April 9th 11, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Stephen Hammond was thinking very hard :
This looks cheap for bonded broadband
http://uk.store.sharedband.com/index.php?stage=1

Stephen

Indeed, however, I'm not sure I would completely trust an organization
with spelling errors on their website.

"Connectivitye"
"haredband uses a variety of routers from consumer to commercial grade"

Old April 9th 11, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 10:15:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

Stephen Hammond was thinking very hard :
This looks cheap for bonded broadband
http://uk.store.sharedband.com/index.php?stage=1

Stephen

Indeed, however, I'm not sure I would completely trust an organization
with spelling errors on their website.

"Connectivitye"
"haredband uses a variety of routers from consumer to commercial grade"

The exception that proves the rule is, of course, AAISP and their quite
lovable typos.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old April 9th 11, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 09:51:09 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Java Jive disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

So I'm moving to BT, scheduled for Monday.

Good luck. I wonder why people move to BT; they are no cheaper, they
throttle/traffic shape and their support is off-shore IIRC.
--

Cheers,

DrT