FTTC dates slipping

Old April 16th 11, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

Default FTTC dates slipping

I see that FTTC cabinet dates are slipping across the board - March to July
to December 2011.

Do end users have a right to expect more from BT?

Old April 17th 11, 03:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Denis McMahon

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:17:42 +0100, Gareth wrote:

I see that FTTC cabinet dates are slipping across the board - March to
July to December 2011.

Do end users have a right to expect more from BT?

Is any of the hardware in them sourced in Japan?

Rgds

Denis McMahon
Old April 17th 11, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Denis McMahon wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:17:42 +0100, Gareth wrote:

I see that FTTC cabinet dates are slipping across the board

Is any of the hardware in them sourced in Japan?

ISTR that Huawei were a big beneficiary of the 21CN contracts, so China
rather than Japan (not that some components might still be outsourced of
course) but flash memory production seems to be the hardest affected and
I can't see a DSLAM requiring huge amounts of that ...
Old April 17th 11, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

On 16/04/11 21:17, Gareth wrote:
I see that FTTC cabinet dates are slipping across the board - March to
July to December 2011.

Do end users have a right to expect more from BT?

.... but not everywhere? The cabinet date for my line has changed from
September 2011 to 30 June 2011 in the last couple of weeks.

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old April 17th 11, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:24:58 +0100, PeeGee
wrote:

On 16/04/11 21:17, Gareth wrote:
I see that FTTC cabinet dates are slipping across the board - March to
July to December 2011.

Do end users have a right to expect more from BT?

... but not everywhere? The cabinet date for my line has changed from
September 2011 to 30 June 2011 in the last couple of weeks.

We've been up and running here since last year.

I really do recommend FTTC to anyone who is willing to pay the
additional cost. The improvement in speed is spectacular. You can
download podcasts for example in about five seconds.
Old April 18th 11, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

wrote:

I see that FTTC cabinet dates are slipping across the board - March to July
to December 2011.

Where can I get dates for my exchange? The BT checker does not give
any info about FTTC.
--
(\__/) M.

Old April 18th 11, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Mark wrote:

Where can I get dates for my exchange? The BT checker does not give
any info about FTTC.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf

I did find a spreadsheet on their website which seem to have details a
bit further into the future, but I can't see that now ...

Old April 18th 11, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

On 18/04/11 11:44, Andy Burns wrote:
Mark wrote:

Where can I get dates for my exchange? The BT checker does not give
any info about FTTC.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf

I did find a spreadsheet on their website which seem to have details a
bit further into the future, but I can't see that now ...

Though dated 15 March, that seems to be out-of-date. During the last few
weeks, my exchange has been enabled (for some areas) but the PDF states
Sep 2011. Perhaps that is when *all* areas will be active.

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/st...y_Checker.html
should give a date for your *cabinet*, if it is currently "on the list".

Old April 18th 11, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Mark wrote:

Where can I get dates for my exchange? The BT checker does not give
any info about FTTC.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf

I did find a spreadsheet on their website which seem to have details
a bit further into the future, but I can't see that now ...

Though dated 15 March, that seems to be out-of-date. During the last
few weeks, my exchange has been enabled (for some areas) but the PDF
states Sep 2011. Perhaps that is when *all* areas will be active.

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/st...y_Checker.html
should give a date for your *cabinet*, if it is currently "on the
list".

That link only gives the ADSL checker for me, nothing at all about FTTC or
cabs.

Old April 18th 11, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:44:01 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Mark wrote:

Where can I get dates for my exchange? The BT checker does not give
any info about FTTC.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf

That says Dec 2011 for my exchange. I wonder how long the work would
take. I haven't seen any cabinets being installed yet.
--
(\__/) M.