FTTC - confused !

Old April 21st 11, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default FTTC - confused !

Hello

Using

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home..._pot_exchs.pdf

I see that my exhange gets FTTC in September 2011.

Using

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

I get

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2012. Our test
also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology
with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received
downstream line speed of 32.7Mbps and upstream line speed of 6.6Mbps."

Does this mean I can get 32.7Mbps now? Or in September 2011 or in
March 2012?!

Cheers

Geoff

Old April 21st 11, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 21/04/11 07:27, lid wrote:
Hello

Using

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home..._pot_exchs.pdf

I see that my exhange gets FTTC in September 2011.

Using

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

I get

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2012. Our test
also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology
with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received
downstream line speed of 32.7Mbps and upstream line speed of 6.6Mbps."

Does this mean I can get 32.7Mbps now? Or in September 2011 or in
March 2012?!

You're lucky!

My exchange is on this list and allegedly is coming in June '11:
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home...oming_soon.pdf

However, the BT wholesale site makes no mention of it. Samknows doesn't
either...

So, should I get my hopes up or not?
Old April 21st 11, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

BT are set up to cause confusion.
Do not worry.

My exchange is 21CN and I just used the checker says I will get 6 Mb, I'm
getting 13 Mb.
As regards the list of exchanges getting fiber mine is not on.
Regards
David