Fujitsu offers UK fast rural broadband network

Old May 6th 11, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gaz

Default Fujitsu offers UK fast rural broadband network

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 17:06:47 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I would rather like the idea of half a dozen people clubbing
together, ad sticking in their own fibres to the their hoises, and
renting a bit of rack at the exchange...

I would like this too. I doubt it would be financially viable though
with only 6 people.

If people want it, this way they can decide that for themselves.

Actually, if you have a digger, laying fibre is only as expensive as
your time.

And the expense to put it back to the state prior.

Old May 7th 11, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

I would rather like the idea of half a dozen people clubbing
together, ad sticking in their own fibres to the their hoises, and
renting a bit of rack at the exchange...
I would like this too. I doubt it would be financially viable though
with only 6 people.

If people want it, this way they can decide that for themselves.

Actually, if you have a digger, laying fibre is only as expensive as
your time.

And the expense to put it back to the state prior.

In rural locations, thats juts heaping the earth back and tossing in
some grass seed.

Or not even bothering with that.

I chewed up vast tracts of approximate meadow when building the house,
and most of it was back to grass and wildflowers in 18 months or so.

Windblown seeds like dandelion and thistle are in within weeks.

Grass takes a year or so to colonise.