server down - news.eternal-september

Old May 8th 11, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default server down - news.eternal-september

Connecting briefly, then disconnects - problem started sometime
yesterday. Anyone else seeing the same please?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old May 8th 11, 09:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Connecting briefly, then disconnects - problem started sometime
yesterday. Anyone else seeing the same please?

I had one "server busy" type message late last night, but it's working
for me now ...

http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

I don't know what the blue line on the 2nd graph indicates but something
seemed to change on the graph at about the time I got the error.
Old May 8th 11, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message . uk...
Connecting briefly, then disconnects - problem started sometime yesterday. Anyone else seeing the same please?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Post from the Sysop on the support group:
Last night one of the disks on mx02 crashed, leaving a large number of
spool files in an unsusable state. Rebuild of the spool is currently in
progress, so be prepared to encounter intermittent error messages when
accessing the server.
I hope to get the faulty disk replaced tomorrow, which will require
another short outage of the server.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.
http://www.eternal-september.org

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 8th 11, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Sun, 08 May 2011 09:00:59 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Connecting briefly, then disconnects - problem started sometime
yesterday. Anyone else seeing the same please?

I had one "server busy" type message late last night, but it's working
for me now ...

http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

I don't know what the blue line on the 2nd graph indicates but something
seemed to change on the graph at about the time I got the error.

I had a connection refused message several times last night.