Email Alert problem?

Old May 10th 11, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

Default Email Alert problem?

Here's the problem: I want to set up a new email account for person/private
emails such that when they are received, a standard email (e.g. 'Email
received' with no reference to sender or subject) is automatically sent to
my usual email address (or a standard SMS sent to a mobile number).

I thought this would be possible using a Gmail filter or gadget but this
does not seem to be the case (I can only forward the email but this negates
the point about privacy etc.).

Does anyone please know of an email account that will enable me to achieve
the above.

TIA.

Old May 11th 11, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
Here's the problem: I want to set up a new email account for
person/private emails such that when they are received, a standard email
(e.g. 'Email received' with no reference to sender or subject) is
automatically sent to my usual email address (or a standard SMS sent to a
mobile number).

I thought this would be possible using a Gmail filter or gadget but this
does not seem to be the case (I can only forward the email but this
negates the point about privacy etc.).

Does anyone please know of an email account that will enable me to achieve
the above.

Since sending the above, have been told that GMX has a Send Notifier feature
which seems to do exactly what I want.

Would still be interested if anyone knows of other accounts which also do
this.