Advice please. Retaining screws for ADSL Nation Faceplate

Old May 23rd 11, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterL

Default Advice please. Retaining screws for ADSL Nation Faceplate

I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

....but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could someone
please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

Thanks
Peter

Old May 23rd 11, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

PeterL wrote:
I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

...but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could
someone please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

Thanks
Peter

They are designed to fit into normal electrical back boxes so you need the
screws that fix light switches or sockets (socket screws are longer).

Old May 23rd 11, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"John" wrote in message
PeterL wrote:
I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

...but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could
someone please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

Thanks
Peter

They are designed to fit into normal electrical back boxes so you need the
screws that fix light switches or sockets (socket screws are longer).

Wrong screw thread size....

Can't tell you the size but offer the next Openreach engineer you see a
coffee and biccies and they'll most probably have a couple spare...

Old May 23rd 11, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"John" wrote in message
PeterL wrote:
I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

...but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could
someone please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

Thanks
Peter

They are designed to fit into normal electrical back boxes so you need the
screws that fix light switches or sockets (socket screws are longer).

Mine aren't, more like a spiral than the thread of normal electrical
fittings screws. ( they are 1" lg.)
Regards
David

Old May 23rd 11, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"PeterL" wrote in message
I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

...but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could someone
please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

They come with two different sets of screws. All are about 25mm long. One
pair are the same thread as used for ordinary electrical backboxes (5BA
comes to mind); the other pair look like self-tapping screws. Which you use
will depend on the BT master socket that is present. Some have threaded
inserts (for the threaded screws), others look simply like small holes in
plastic - for these use the things like self-tapping screws.

I may have some spares hanging about if you get stuck - let me have a postal
address.

--
Graham J

Old May 23rd 11, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 23 May 2011 21:06:33 +0100, Graham J wrote:

"PeterL" wrote in message
I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

...but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could
someone please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

They come with two different sets of screws. All are about 25mm long.
One pair are the same thread as used for ordinary electrical backboxes
(5BA comes to mind);

M3.5 metric, in fact. Old ones were BA - *many* years ago.

M3.5 can be obtained from DIY stores (but at a price if B&Q!)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old May 24th 11, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

"PeterL" wrote in message
I've got one of these...

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

...but have lost the retaining screws, so I need a couple. Could
someone please 'spec' them for me, so I know what to ask for?

They come with two different sets of screws. All are about 25mm long.
One pair are the same thread as used for ordinary electrical backboxes
(5BA comes to mind);

M3.5 metric, in fact. Old ones were BA - *many* years ago.

M3.5 can be obtained from DIY stores (but at a price if B&Q!)

Go to electrical trade suppliers - most builders merchants sell em. I
use Newey an Eyre.

Rushed in last week 'need some cable clamps for 4 core cable '

"Only sell em in boxes of 50 mate"
"How much?"
"Give us a quid for the coffee fund and we will call it quits".

Screwfux do what you want

http://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-nai...rews/cat840224
Old May 24th 11, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterL

...the other pair look like self-tapping screws.

These are the fellas

I may have some spares hanging about if you get stuck - let me have a
postal address.

If it's no trouble to you, that would be great...House no 29, TR15 3QD

Peter La pin

Thanks, Graham

Old May 25th 11, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"PeterL" wrote in message

...the other pair look like self-tapping screws.

These are the fellas

I may have some spares hanging about if you get stuck - let me have a
postal address.

If it's no trouble to you, that would be great...House no 29, TR15 3QD

Peter La pin

Thanks, Graham

On their way ...

--
Graham J

Old May 25th 11, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message

"PeterL" wrote in message

...the other pair look like self-tapping screws.

These are the fellas

I may have some spares hanging about if you get stuck - let me have a
postal address.

If it's no trouble to you, that would be great...House no 29, TR15 3QD

Peter La pin

Thanks, Graham

On their way ...

Sorry - missed the post - will be on their way tomorrow ...

--
Graham J