Don't touch TalkTalk with a 20ft bargepole

Old May 29th 11, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Don't touch TalkTalk with a 20ft bargepole

In brief:

My mum (81) is now in a care home.

She used to have a phone service with TT.

After she went to the CH I (having a LPOA) tried to stop the service
but TT's Indian call centre chimps refused, saying *she* has to phone
them. She could not as she had dementia.

They lost 5 copies of my LPOA (lasting power of attorney) document.

Later I got BT to cut off the line because the house is being sold.

The house was vacant and mail was redirected to me.

TT continued to send mail there but it went using TNT Mail so the
redirection did not work.

After some weeks I found a final demand in the house from TT for 70,
which I paid. The cheque has been cashed. This was the correct TT
termination charge for the service, after all.

I copied a load of correspondence to several TT addresses, including
their Registered office. TT then sent me two letters denying any
knowledge of the account in question, pretending that they cannot find
it (I included full details in my letters) and asking for another copy
of the LPOA...

Sometime earlier during this saga, TT did manage to change the name on
their correspondence from mum's name to my name. This was obviously
unauthorised but it shows they did receive at least some
correspondence... I may eventually go after them under the DPA and the
Chief Exec becomes criminally liable then... I know somebody who did
this with O2.

However by then TT had passed the debt to the well known crooked debt
collector called Buchanan Clark Wells who have added about 50 to the
debt and are threatening a CCJ. They ignore my letters saying this was
already paid.

Phoning doesn't work because the Indian Chimpanzee call centre refuses
to discuss it without an LPOA. At one point they asked for it to be
emailed, which I did (2x) but they don't seem to be able to receive a
5MB PDF by email! (A fcucking "internet provider" that cannot receive
a 5MB email). Letters are ignored every time. A great example of a
totally fcucking arrogant corporate cowboy outfit.

There is a lot of stuff on google about TT and BCW and all of it is
appalling. One ex employee of BCW explains how they work. It is all
only marginally legal. It also appears that TT have no process for a
death of the subscriber and harrass whoever takes over the affairs.

So now I have to deal with a possible CCJ on me, or the address...

One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these arrogant
c*nts.

I can see why Carphone Warehouse got shot of this cowboy outfit. They
got a load of cash and don't have to pick up the dirt which TT are
generating in vast quantities as they sh1t on their customers.

Old May 29th 11, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterL

One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these...

Use the forums http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

Old May 29th 11, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"PeterL" wrote

One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these...

Use the forums http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

You are kidding, that is an official TT company site.

They delete any issues like this. That's why there is no mention there
of any of this stuff.
Old May 29th 11, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 29/05/2011 08:17, wrote:
[...]

I'm not surprised at all by this.
See the following link:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...and-complaints

George
Old May 29th 11, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

wrote in message

"PeterL" wrote

One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these...

Use the forums http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

You are kidding, that is an official TT company site.

They delete any issues like this. That's why there is no mention there
of any of this stuff.

You can register your mum (using LPOA) and post on her behalf.

Given how quick TT are on other things, I would think it would be a while
before they get round to sorting it.

You could also start beguiling with "Anyone got a working postal address for
Talk Talk" etc.then when someone replies you can say "I wrote there and they
sent a bailiff's letter" etc. They will soon get mired.

Keep busy on newsgroups too - more people need to know what sort of company
they are.

Old May 29th 11, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 29/05/2011 08:17, wrote:
snip
One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these arrogant
c*nts.

/snip

Then don't. The correct course is to contact the dispute resolution
organisation:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/talktalk.html

tell you who. (CISAS or OTELO)

Make sure when you put the complaint in you ask for financial
compensation. If you do not do this on the initial complaint you will
get nothing. (DAMHIK) Explain to them the distress this has caused you
at a difficult time, and all the time you have spent.

Andy
Old May 29th 11, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 29 May 2011 20:20:46 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

On 29/05/2011 08:17, wrote: snip
One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these arrogant c*nts.

/snip

Then don't. The correct course is to contact the dispute resolution
organisation:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/talktalk.html

tell you who. (CISAS or OTELO)

Make sure when you put the complaint in you ask for financial
compensation. If you do not do this on the initial complaint you will
get nothing. (DAMHIK) Explain to them the distress this has caused you
at a difficult time, and all the time you have spent.

A good idea, but since the dispute is nothing to do with broadband, as
far as I can see.

OTOH, he posted in the wrong group!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old May 29th 11, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On 29 May 2011 19:33:08 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2011 20:20:46 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

On 29/05/2011 08:17, wrote: snip
One could tear one's hair out trying to deal with these arrogant c*nts.

/snip

Then don't. The correct course is to contact the dispute resolution
organisation:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/talktalk.html

tell you who. (CISAS or OTELO)

Make sure when you put the complaint in you ask for financial
compensation. If you do not do this on the initial complaint you will
get nothing. (DAMHIK) Explain to them the distress this has caused you
at a difficult time, and all the time you have spent.

A good idea, but since the dispute is nothing to do with broadband, as
far as I can see.

Both CISAS and Otelo deal with communications companies not restricted
to broadband.

I won a dispute with TalkTalk and Otelo ordered them to send a written
apology and pay compensation.

OTOH, he posted in the wrong group!

Old May 30th 11, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Scott" wrote in message
SNIP

Both CISAS and Otelo deal with communications companies not restricted
to broadband.

I won a dispute with TalkTalk and Otelo ordered them to send a written
apology and pay compensation.

And did they?

OTOH, he posted in the wrong group!

Old May 30th 11, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Mon, 30 May 2011 13:52:28 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
SNIP

Both CISAS and Otelo deal with communications companies not restricted
to broadband.

I won a dispute with TalkTalk and Otelo ordered them to send a written
apology and pay compensation.

And did they?

Yes. Otelo followed up with a form for me to complete confirming
resolution.