Speed of Powerline adaptors

Old June 3rd 11, 07:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Davies

Default Speed of Powerline adaptors

Dave wrote:
My router is 10/100 mbs (100 on my network) so am I wasting money
getting any Powerline adaptor above 100mbs?

The speeds quoted by Powerline are much the ones quoted for WiFi (or
xDSL broadband, for that matter). As such, the headline speed is likely
to be one obtained under ideal conditions rather than in the real
world. If you really need to go for Powerline, go for the fastest one
that makes economic sense to you.

However, I do want to point out that there is growing concern
about the interference caused by - and therefore the legality of -
Powerline devices. See http://tinyurl.com/muz3l5
http://tinyurl.com/427w8xy and http://tinyurl.com/427w8xyo

Chris