FTTC with cabinet 900 yards away

Old June 19th 11, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default FTTC with cabinet 900 yards away

Andrew Benham wrote:
I've now confirmed that my BT cabinet is the one I thought it must
be - ~900 yards from my house. I'm now wondering if that's too far
for FTTC ?

No, should be OK, as long as there are no poor joints etc.
I'm a 1000 metres as the crow flies. BT predicted speed was 14.7 Mb/s,
actual is double that.

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old June 20th 11, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

?

No, should be OK, as long as there are no poor joints etc. I'm a 1000
metres as the crow flies. BT predicted speed was 14.7 Mb/s, actual is
double that.

Gosh, thanks for the info Mark. Now I just have to wait for BT to
upgrade the exchange and the cabinet.