Sky Broadband Question

Old June 24th 11, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Default Sky Broadband Question

I have been with Sky Broadband more or less since they launched and
apart from two drop outs both of which were due to work being carried
out at the main exchange, I can honestly say that I have never had any
real issues.

But in the last couple of day my trusty netgear (supplied by Sky) has
began to overheat and then just die. Leaving it unplugged for a few
hours brings it back to life for while, then it overheats again.

So this morning I bit the bullet and called Sky.

Well I nearly had a coronary when my call was answered by somebody here
in the UK, anyway within in a couple of minutes, NO FUSS, NO HASSLE the
guy arranged for a brand new Modem/Router to be dispatched, he said it
should with me within a week (but I reckon it may be longer)!

Anyway I have a question does anybody know what make/models of ADSL
Modem/Router that Sky are currently supplying to customers?

Thanks in advance

Gaz., ;-)

Old June 24th 11, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"Gaz" wrote in message
[...]

I can't say if they are still supplying the same model by my experience of
the Netgear DG834GT that is based on is that they run very hot indeed. I
have one and have it sat on a small fan that keeps it at a more sensible
temperature.

Peter Crosland

Old June 24th 11, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 24/06/2011 17:32, Peter Crosland wrote:

I can't say if they are still supplying the same model by my experience of
the Netgear DG834GT that is based on is that they run very hot indeed. I
have one and have it sat on a small fan that keeps it at a more sensible
temperature.

I have one. It's sitting on the corner of my desk next to the wall, and
has been powered up continuously for months. I reckon the top is about
35C. It may help that I have it on the supplied stand with the aerial
end upwards - vertical so its guts can act as a chimney.

Andy
Old June 24th 11, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 24/06/2011 15:57, Gaz wrote:

Anyway I have a question does anybody know what make/models of ADSL
Modem/Router that Sky are currently supplying to customers?

Thanks in advance

Gaz., ;-)

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-router/43698-router-arrived-today-15-june-2011-a.html

Dlink DSL-2640S?

--
Adrian C
Old June 24th 11, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Adrian C wrote:
On 24/06/2011 15:57, Gaz wrote:

Anyway I have a question does anybody know what make/models of ADSL
Modem/Router that Sky are currently supplying to customers?

Thanks in advance

Gaz., ;-)

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-router/43698-router-arrived-today-15-june-2011-a.html

Dlink DSL-2640S?

very good router IMHO.
Old June 24th 11, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gaz

Gaz wrote:
[...]

Yes, Sky are generally pretty good for customer support.

Gaz (the original)

Old June 25th 11, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Gaz" wrote in message
[...]

They do run - shall we say - warm, but if it is running that hot
it suggests that the PSU output voltage is too high. ISTR they
run off 12V - have you got a 9V PSU to try?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old June 26th 11, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:57:56 +0100, Gaz wrote:

Anyway I have a question does anybody know what make/models of ADSL
Modem/Router that Sky are currently supplying to customers?

My sons arrived a couple of days ago, the info with it says it is a
Sky Wireless Router Version 5, Made by Sagem.
Unfortunately he isn't due to go live yet for at least another 3 weeks

Mike.