Nearly OT router question

Old July 1st 11, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default Nearly OT router question

Has anybody any experience of using Vigor routers with the phones and
service provided by voipfone.co.uk? I'm seeing phones becoming
unregistered, for no obvious reason; and voipfone support suggest that the
Vigor router is the cause of the problem.

TIA

--
Graham J

Old July 1st 11, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 11:57:18 +0100, "Graham J" [email protected] wrote:

Has anybody any experience of using Vigor routers with the phones and
service provided by voipfone.co.uk? I'm seeing phones becoming
unregistered, for no obvious reason; and voipfone support suggest that the
Vigor router is the cause of the problem.

TIA

Is it the Vigor with the port switch built in? My neighbour says it
has problems switching ports and loses current connections. I didn't
realise it was supposed to auto-switch as my port switch is fully
manual.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com
Old July 1st 11, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 11:57:18 +0100, "Graham J" [email protected] wrote:

Has anybody any experience of using Vigor routers with the phones and
service provided by voipfone.co.uk? I'm seeing phones becoming
unregistered, for no obvious reason; and voipfone support suggest that the
Vigor router is the cause of the problem.

TIA

Is it the Vigor with the port switch built in? My neighbour says it
has problems switching ports and loses current connections. I didn't
realise it was supposed to auto-switch as my port switch is fully
manual.

The Vigor has a 4-port switch built in.

Don't understand what you mean by "switching ports" - there's no suggestion
that the ip phone is unplugged from one port and plugged into another, which
might be associated with APR cache issues ...

Auto-switch in this context usually means changing from MDI to MDI-X and it
avoids the need to use a crossover cable when connecting from one switch to
another.

Could you ask your neighbour what he really means?

--
Graham J

Old July 1st 11, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:10:25 +0100, "Graham J" [email protected] wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Not until he returns from the USA.

I know it is a Vigor because I joked with him about his 200 router
and my free one. It must do something that mine can't!

Steve

Old July 1st 11, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 15:38:29 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Stephen Wolstenholme disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

t must do something that mine can't

Yeh, drive him made with the over-complexity of it.
--

Cheers,

DrT