Sky To Plusnet - Whats The Difference ?

Old July 5th 11, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default Sky To Plusnet - Whats The Difference ?

Mike wrote:
Got to make up my mind by tomorrow (Wednesday) to either stay with Sky or go
To Plusnet... I want cheap but not at the expense of lost connections etc.

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the differences are in how Sky and
Plusnet send the broadband signal to my home

There is no difference, unless you have an LLU contract.

and why it is Plusnet allegedly
has more problems than Sky ?

Because someone on this group hates plusnet more than they hate sky?

I hate em both :-)

Fed up with the big players. Rather pay a bit more and get a human on
the phone when something goes wrong.

Thanks.
Mike.

Old July 6th 11, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:15:19 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Mike wrote:
Got to make up my mind by tomorrow (Wednesday) to either stay with Sky or go
To Plusnet... I want cheap but not at the expense of lost connections etc.

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the differences are in how Sky and
Plusnet send the broadband signal to my home

There is no difference, unless you have an LLU contract.

and why it is Plusnet allegedly
has more problems than Sky ?

Because someone on this group hates plusnet more than they hate sky?

LOL.

I hate em both :-)

Fed up with the big players. Rather pay a bit more and get a human on
the phone when something goes wrong.

I've always managed to speak to a human when calling PN. I don't have
any experience of Sky as an ISP. For my usage Sky would be more
expensive and I'm sure they'd keep trying to sell me their TV
services.

PN is good value and has customer service people who can all speak
english. Some of their first line support is not well enough trained
though IMHO. I suspect this is the same everywhere.

PN's own newsgroups are the best way of getting support IMHO.
--
(\__/) M.