Sky To Plusnet - Whats The Difference ?

Old July 5th 11, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

Default Sky To Plusnet - Whats The Difference ?

"Mike" considered Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:42:47 +0100
the perfect time to write:

Got to make up my mind by tomorrow (Wednesday) to either stay with Sky or go
To Plusnet... I want cheap but not at the expense of lost connections etc.

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the differences are in how Sky and
Plusnet send the broadband signal to my home and why it is Plusnet allegedly
has more problems than Sky ?
Thanks.
Mike.

Plusnet need to start filtering their junk mailings against the MPS
database.
It would be most embarrassing for them to get clobbered, especially
since they make so much of being entirely UK based.

Or I could return it to sender, taped to a brick.
Old July 6th 11, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tired

Phil W Lee wrote:
"Mike" considered Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:42:47 +0100
the perfect time to write:

Got to make up my mind by tomorrow (Wednesday) to either stay with
Sky or go To Plusnet... I want cheap but not at the expense of lost
connections etc.

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the differences are in how
Sky and Plusnet send the broadband signal to my home and why it is
Plusnet allegedly has more problems than Sky ?
Thanks.
Mike.

Plusnet need to start filtering their junk mailings against the MPS
database.
It would be most embarrassing for them to get clobbered, especially
since they make so much of being entirely UK based.

Or I could return it to sender, taped to a brick.

Clobbered by what? MPS is not a government body and has no power to do
anything at all.

Old July 6th 11, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan Mac

"Orange or talktalk. I swear their first tier of support are chosen
for their stupidity." You can add BT to that list

Al

Old July 6th 11, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

"Tired" considered Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:36:26 +0100 the
perfect time to write:

Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]

From the MPS website:
The MPS Consumer File is a list of names and addresses of consumers
who have told us they wish to limit the amount of direct mail they
receive. The use of the Consumer File by list-owners and users is a
requirement of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and
Direct Marketing administered by the Advertising Standards Authority.
It is also a condition under the Code of Practice of the Direct
Marketing Association.

So, the Advertising Standards Authority would be one organisation that
can clobber them, and the DMA if they are members.
Old July 7th 11, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

OP HERE
Thanks for the replies, I phoned my MAC code through to Plusnet
yesterday.

Mike.

Old July 8th 11, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 07/07/11 19:01, Mike wrote:
OP HERE
Thanks for the replies, I phoned my MAC code through to Plusnet
yesterday.

If you're happy for me to be your referrer. Drop me an email, the above
is real.