Talk Talk Internet not working.

Old July 11th 11, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
alexander.keys1

Default Talk Talk Internet not working.

We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?
Old July 11th 11, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
David

"alexander.keys1" wrote in message
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

Can't understand you putting up with that sort of service.
Have they taken your money?
Anyway I would have been long gone by now if anyone like that with me.

I'm with Be suggest you move to them they not treat me like that, they look
after customers.
Regards
David

Old July 11th 11, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article
,
alexander.keys1 wrote:
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

Fax the MD. Or even just write to them. Explaining you will be withholding
payment for the time it hasn't worked after first reporting it.

--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old July 11th 11, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Fredxx

On 11/07/2011 13:29, alexander.keys1 wrote:
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

It sounds as if it might well be a local LAN issue. Can you talk to the
router? What status does it give on its webpage?

You could try another router and see if you get a connection.

Old July 11th 11, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
therustyone

On Jul 11, 1:29*pm, "alexander.keys1"
wrote:
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

Sounds like settings menu. My powerline router came with a CD that
allows PC access via ethernet cable and allows fiddling them. There
are quite a few to set up and all must be correct.

rusty

Old July 11th 11, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Martin C

"alexander.keys1" wrote in message
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

Switch the router off for thirty seconds, switch it back on and let it
reconnect.
If that fails RESET the router, BT can send a stop connecting instruction in
the event of a network fault.
Access the Router 192.168.1.1 and make sure the password etc is still
correct, or run the setup CD you should have from Talk Talk.
Try connecting with another PC or Laptop.
Try another router.

If all that fails you have no choice but to contact TT, you could ask for a
MAC code at this point but that is your choice.
Good Luck
Martin C

Old July 11th 11, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Lawrence

"Martin C" martin.carpenternospam wrote in message
o.uk...

"alexander.keys1" wrote in message
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

Switch the router off for thirty seconds, switch it back on and let it
reconnect.
If that fails RESET the router, BT can send a stop connecting instruction
in the event of a network fault.
Access the Router 192.168.1.1 and make sure the password etc is still

Depends on which router you have. My speedtouch from Tiscali is
192.168.1.254
and you have to provide the username and passwordpassword. If you don't
know them try admin and admin or admin and password.

Old July 11th 11, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Wibble

"alexander.keys1" wrote in message
We've got TT broadband and phone, the phone works fine but there has
been no Internet access for weeks, TT don't reply to e-mails and we
can't get through to their technical support on the phone. The lights
on the ADSL modem indicate that the connection is working, and their
website says there are no faults in our area. I've tried the fault
procedures on the website, but the situation is still the same.

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

Can't get through ? What do you get?
What number are you ringing for their technical support then?

Old July 11th 11, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Scott M

alexander.keys1 wrote:

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

TalkTalk is pants. Big, flowery pants if you phone them up and talk to
Bombay. However, get yourself to:

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

Register (think you need your customer number) and post. The forums are
maintainted by knowledgeable people in Slough or somewhere similar and
they're great at fixing stuff. Unlike the Indians who will simply tell
you to switch the modem off and on again until the last tick of recorded
time.

--
Scott

Old July 11th 11, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
polygonum

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:10:25 +0100, Scott M wrote:

alexander.keys1 wrote:

So what's up with TT, and how can I get it working again?

TalkTalk is pants. Big, flowery pants if you phone them up and talk to
Bombay. However, get yourself to:

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

Register (think you need your customer number) and post. The forums are
maintainted by knowledgeable people in Slough or somewhere similar and
they're great at fixing stuff. Unlike the Indians who will simply tell
you to switch the modem off and on again until the last tick of recorded
time.

Is there really somewhere similar to Slough?
--
Rod