Slightly OT - Think before buying an OCZ SSD (High Failure Rate)

Old July 11th 11, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

Default Slightly OT - Think before buying an OCZ SSD (High Failure Rate)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:31:03 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Mark disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

The secret is not to claim under any warranty. Claim against the
retailer under the Sale of Goods Act.

Very good point. I recall I did have quite a struggle with a
particular retailer. They initially did not want to deal with a 250
digital camera that developed a critical fault in its 13th month.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old July 11th 11, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

and wrote:

The secret is not to claim under any warranty. Claim against the
retailer under the Sale of Goods Act.

Very good point. I recall I did have quite a struggle with a
particular retailer. They initially did not want to deal with a 250
digital camera that developed a critical fault in its 13th month.

Most of them will try to fob you off with "it's out of warranty so
nothing can be done". It gets tiresome.

--
(\__/) M.