Taking a number with you...

Old July 15th 11, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default Taking a number with you...

Old lady, downsizing, no broadband, on talk talk but no LLU wants to
move 1/2 mile to house with existing telephone on same exchange.

Can the existing number follow her?

Probably doesn't want talktalk anymore - looking for best deal on high
usage international (frinds and family all abroad).

20 hrs a month international.. any suggestions?

No broadband required, so OT, sorry,.

TIA.
Old July 16th 11, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

The Natural Philosopher pretended :
Old lady, downsizing, no broadband, on talk talk but no LLU wants to move 1/2
mile to house with existing telephone on same exchange.

Can the existing number follow her?

Yes.

Probably doesn't want talktalk anymore - looking for best deal on high usage
international (frinds and family all abroad).

Move away from TalkTalk before the move then so that your chosen new
provider can deal with it.

Old July 18th 11, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Jono wrote:
The Natural Philosopher pretended :

Old lady, downsizing, no broadband, on talk talk but no LLU wants to
move 1/2 mile to house with existing telephone on same exchange.

Can the existing number follow her?

Yes.

Probably doesn't want talktalk anymore - looking for best deal on high
usage international (frinds and family all abroad).

Move away from TalkTalk before the move then so that your chosen new
provider can deal with it.

20 hrs a month international.. any suggestions?

No broadband required, so OT, sorry,.

TIA.

Use the "Come back to BT" deal to return to them at the existing
property and then they will move you to the new one free of charge.

A lady I know around here (in Ealing) did just that and it went fine
(except by pure bad luck, on teh day she went back to BT there was a
line fault but the engineer sorted it rapidly - after I had faught with
India but even that was OK as they called her back on her mobile.

Mike

Old July 18th 11, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"m" wrote in message
Jono wrote:
[...]

If she's making that many international calls per month she
should consider getting a broadband package and using VoIP or
Skype. Indeed if she can get the users at the other end to use
Skype she may actually be better off using a Skype phone from 3.

Equally for international she should be using an alternative
router such as 18185 or 1866 - cost considerably less than BT.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 18th 11, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Woody wrote:
"m" wrote in message
Jono wrote:
[...]

The mere mention of broadband sends her reaching for the gin bottle...
Old July 19th 11, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:21:39 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Old lady, downsizing, no broadband, on talk talk but no LLU wants to
move 1/2 mile to house with existing telephone on same exchange.

Can the existing number follow her?

Yes
--
Cheers

Peter

(Reply to address is a spam trap - pse reply to the group)
Old July 19th 11, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:05:59 +0100, m wrote:

Jono wrote:
The Natural Philosopher pretended :

Old lady, downsizing, no broadband, on talk talk but no LLU wants to
move 1/2 mile to house with existing telephone on same exchange.

Can the existing number follow her?

Yes.

Probably doesn't want talktalk anymore - looking for best deal on high
usage international (frinds and family all abroad).

Move away from TalkTalk before the move then so that your chosen new
provider can deal with it.

20 hrs a month international.. any suggestions?

No broadband required, so OT, sorry,.

Use the "Come back to BT" deal to return to them at the existing
property and then they will move you to the new one free of charge.

Get her to check her bills very thoroughly then. They haven't got a
single one right since I went "back" to BT.
--
(\__/) M.

Old July 19th 11, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:26:01 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Woody wrote:
"m" wrote in message
Jono wrote:
[...]

This is a broadband NG.
--
(\__/) M.

Old July 19th 11, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bruce

On 19/07/2011 10:03, Mark wrote:
Get her to check her bills very thoroughly then. They haven't got a
single one right since I went "back" to BT.

I keep getting letters from BT asking me to "return to BT" - this
despite having been with BT for the last 30 years and never having left
them.

Old July 19th 11, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Woody wrote:
"m" wrote in message
Jono wrote:
The Natural Philosopher pretended :

Old lady, downsizing, no broadband, on talk talk but no LLU
wants to move 1/2 mile to house with existing telephone on
same exchange.

Can the existing number follow her?
Yes.

Probably doesn't want talktalk anymore - looking for best
deal on high usage international (frinds and family all
abroad).
Move away from TalkTalk before the move then so that your
chosen new provider can deal with it.

20 hrs a month international.. any suggestions?

No broadband required, so OT, sorry,.

REGARDEZ ICI!!!!

[...]

which I apologised for in the first post.