Tiscali email login oddity

Old July 16th 11, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tiscali email login oddity

use two Tiscali email addresses, my main one which is always very busy
with a constant flow and second one which I very rarely use.

The rarely used one can go for months without anything appearing in its
in box. When Mailwasher and/or Outlook attempt to log into this
account, they report bad username or password at every attempt to
access the account to check for mail for that account. I have both set
to check both accounts automatically and frequently.

If I try sending an email to the less used account, then both
Mailwasher and Outlook can log into the account without difficulty.
Inbox empty or not, I can log into the account using Webmail access.

I believe the problem might have been occurring intermitantly before,
but now it seems to be a permanent problem.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old July 17th 11, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On 16/07/2011 10:23, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
use two Tiscali email addresses, my main one which is
always very busy with a constant flow and second one
which I very rarely use.

The rarely used one can go for months without anything
appearing in its in box. When Mailwasher and/or
Outlook attempt to log into this account, they report
bad username or password at every attempt to access
the account to check for mail for that account. I have
both set to check both accounts automatically and
frequently.

If I try sending an email to the less used account,
then both Mailwasher and Outlook can log into the
account without difficulty. Inbox empty or not, I can
log into the account using Webmail access.

I believe the problem might have been occurring
intermitantly before, but now it seems to be a
permanent problem.

Sending uses a different protocol, and on Tiscali (now
Talk-Talk), no login is required if you're using your
ISP's server.

You could try resetting the password.

Old July 17th 11, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 16/07/2011 10:23, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
use two Tiscali email addresses, my main one which is always very busy
with a constant flow and second one which I very rarely use.

The rarely used one can go for months without anything appearing in its
in box. When Mailwasher and/or Outlook attempt to log into this account,
they report bad username or password at every attempt to access the
account to check for mail for that account. I have both set to check
both accounts automatically and frequently.

If I try sending an email to the less used account, then both Mailwasher
and Outlook can log into the account without difficulty. Inbox empty or
not, I can log into the account using Webmail access.

I believe the problem might have been occurring intermitantly before,
but now it seems to be a permanent problem.

Try telnet on port 110 to the POP3 server, might be messages there about
whether the server likes you or not.

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archi...elnet-way.aspx

--
Adrian C
Old July 17th 11, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

After serious thinking Adrian C wrote :
[...]

That works, thanks. Now so does my normal log in :-?