T-Mobile PAYG internet dongle

Old July 16th 11, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default T-Mobile PAYG internet dongle

Two years ago I bought from Maplin a white T-Mobile PAYG internet
dongle for 30. It included about 20's worth of access in the deal. It
is used only rarely, perhaps nine months go by without any use. It has
never been topped up, there is still 9 left on it and it was used in
early June.

I thought the deal was the credit expired after 6 months?

Have I just been lucky, or did the deal change?

I tried asking T-Mobile but they don't seem to know.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old July 16th 11, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don

In . uk,
Harry Bloomfield typed:
Two years ago I bought from Maplin a white T-Mobile PAYG internet
dongle for 30. It included about 20's worth of access in the deal.
It is used only rarely, perhaps nine months go by without any use. It
has never been topped up, there is still 9 left on it and it was
used in early June.

I thought the deal was the credit expired after 6 months?
Have I just been lucky, or did the deal change?
I tried asking T-Mobile but they don't seem to know.

As I understand it, the dongle normally expires if not used for 6 months.
As long as you keep using it and prevent the dongle expiring, the credit
will continue to be available.

Old July 16th 11, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Don brought next idea :
In . uk,
Harry Bloomfield typed:
Two years ago I bought from Maplin a white T-Mobile PAYG internet
dongle for 30. It included about 20's worth of access in the deal.
It is used only rarely, perhaps nine months go by without any use. It
has never been topped up, there is still 9 left on it and it was
used in early June.

I thought the deal was the credit expired after 6 months?
Have I just been lucky, or did the deal change?
I tried asking T-Mobile but they don't seem to know.

As I understand it, the dongle normally expires if not used for 6 months. As
long as you keep using it and prevent the dongle expiring, the credit will
continue to be available.

Thanks - I'll use it a bit more often to keep it working then.