MAC Code - Billing On Old ISP Stop On Changeover ?

Old July 21st 11, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default MAC Code - Billing On Old ISP Stop On Changeover ?

Recently used my MAC code to switch from Sky to Plusnet which became
effective 8 days ago.
I personally don't trust Sky, so rang them yesterday to see the current
situation regarding my old account. I was eventually told that one of their
computer systems had a record that I had used the MAC but it had not yet
transferred the information to the billing computer.

What annoys me is the woman INSISTED that I would be liable for 31 days
notice from the day my Broadband was switched over, surely this is not
right.

Moving back a few weeks before I had even got my MAC, a guy at Sky said that
Broadband was a special case and did not require any notice period unlike
cancelling tv packages that do.

The woman at Sky yesterday didn't want to accept what I had to say and it
seems that it is always the latest advisor a customer speaks to at Sky that
has the correct information and can disregard anything said before !

To summarize can someone comment on whether notice is necessary for
switching broadband.
Thanks.

Mike.

Old July 21st 11, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

You need to read your contract to see what the exact terms are. As a minimum
I would expect you to be required to give written notice quite separately
from requesting the MAC code. A months notice would be quite reasonable.

Peter Crosland

Old July 25th 11, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:31:03 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
[...]

OTOH if they told the OP that there was no notice period then they
must honour this.
--
(\__/) M.