Talk talk at the door.

Old July 23rd 11, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert

Default Talk talk at the door.

Just had two men at the door trying to sell talk talk.

The old opening line of "Are you aware of the exchange work that's just
been done" is getting a bit old now!

What is ignorant of them is as soon as you express any doubt they just
turn round with another word and run (I jest not) to the next front door!!!

Robert
Old July 23rd 11, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tired

Robert wrote:
Just had two men at the door trying to sell talk talk.

The old opening line of "Are you aware of the exchange work that's
just been done" is getting a bit old now!

What is ignorant of them is as soon as you express any doubt they just
turn round with another word and run (I jest not) to the next front
door!!!
Robert

Most people have no understanding of LLU, and have no idea if it is
available. Doing door to door direct sales is darn hard work... If you are
a good salesman you can make a lot of money out of it though.

Old July 23rd 11, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

"Tired" considered Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:53:08 +0100 the
perfect time to write:

Robert wrote:
Just had two men at the door trying to sell talk talk.

The old opening line of "Are you aware of the exchange work that's
just been done" is getting a bit old now!

What is ignorant of them is as soon as you express any doubt they just
turn round with another word and run (I jest not) to the next front
door!!!
Robert

Most people have no understanding of LLU, and have no idea if it is
available. Doing door to door direct sales is darn hard work... If you are
a good salesman you can make a lot of money out of it though.

That is why it is a public service to delay such doorsteppers (and
teledroids) to the greatest extent possible.

If it stops making economic sense the companies will stop doing it.
Old July 23rd 11, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 23/07/2011 19:53, Tired wrote:
Robert wrote:
Just had two men at the door trying to sell talk talk.

The old opening line of "Are you aware of the exchange work that's
just been done" is getting a bit old now!

What is ignorant of them is as soon as you express any doubt they just
turn round with another word and run (I jest not) to the next front
door!!!
Robert

Most people have no understanding of LLU, and have no idea if it is
available. Doing door to door direct sales is darn hard work... If you are
a good salesman you can make a lot of money out of it though.

Not if they come round here and read my notice they don't:
"Please don't ring this doorbell and expect to sell something, for a
smack in the mouth often offends."
;-)

George
Old July 24th 11, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JIP

Robert wrote:
Just had two men at the door trying to sell talk talk.

The old opening line of "Are you aware of the exchange work that's
just been done" is getting a bit old now!

What is ignorant of them is as soon as you express any doubt they
just turn round with another word and run (I jest not) to the
next front door!!!
Robert

Most people have no understanding of LLU, and have no idea if it is
available. Doing door to door direct sales is darn hard work... If
you are a good salesman you can make a lot of money out of it
though.

Not if they come round here and read my notice they don't:
"Please don't ring this doorbell and expect to sell something, for a
smack in the mouth often offends." ;-)

George

I tell door-step sales people, tele-sales people, people who are "not
selling, just doing a survey", and people who stop you in the street to
"just ask a few questions", that I charge them for my time, and that I
expect payment of a 50 deposit, in advance, before speaking any
further. Shuts them up fast!

JIP
Old July 24th 11, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

Robert wrote:
[...]

Must try that one with the Jehovah's Witnesses!

George
Old July 25th 11, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

Tired wrote:
Robert wrote:

snip
Doing door to door direct sales is darn hard work... If
you are a good salesman you can make a lot of money out of it though.

and shag a lot of bored housewives

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old July 25th 11, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:38:39 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, George Weston disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

Must try that one with the Jehovah's Witnesses!

They usually go around in couples and the women look quite nice.
Almost worth switching sides.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old July 25th 11, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 25/07/2011 15:30, DrTeeth wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:38:39 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, George disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

Must try that one with the Jehovah's Witnesses!

They usually go around in couples and the women look quite nice.
Almost worth switching sides.

You can spot 'em a mile off in our village.
Usually a gang of them - probably about 6 or 8.
The blokes wear suits and ties and the women all wear floor-scraping skirts.
The only time local residents wear stuff like that is for funerals and
weddings!

George

Old July 25th 11, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

Must try that one with the Jehovah's Witnesses!

They usually go around in couples and the women look quite nice. Almost
worth switching sides.

You can spot 'em a mile off in our village. Usually a gang of them -
probably about 6 or 8. The blokes wear suits and ties and the women all
wear floor-scraping skirts. The only time local residents wear stuff
like that is for funerals and weddings!

Local firm of builders are all JHs. They have a very good reputation, and
low prices!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org