Anyone one a Draytek router with 5V PSU? (2600/2200 etc)?

Old July 25th 11, 06:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trust No One®

Default Anyone one a Draytek router with 5V PSU? (2600/2200 etc)?

If so could you please do me a favour? I'm after the amps of your power
supply.

I bought an old Vigor 2200We and Vigor 2600W at a market for all of 3 quid.
Unfortunately they dont have the PSU units. I do have a number of old PSUs
at home but I'd like to get a correct match.

There are a number of "generic" PSUs on ebay but I'd like to avoid having to
spend 10 quid if it all possible.

Regds,
--
Peter X-Files fan

Old July 25th 11, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MarkU

Trust No One® wrote:
If so could you please do me a favour? I'm after the amps of

your
power supply.

I bought an old Vigor 2200We and Vigor 2600W at a market for

all of 3
quid. Unfortunately they dont have the PSU units. I do have a

number
of old PSUs at home but I'd like to get a correct match.

There are a number of "generic" PSUs on ebay but I'd like to

avoid
having to spend 10 quid if it all possible.

Regds,

Draytek 2600 is 12v 1.5A.

Old July 25th 11, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trust No One®

"MarkU" wrote in message

Draytek 2600 is 12v 1.5A.

How peculiar.

These two routers have 5V written above the Power Supply input at the back.

Also, I had the brainstorm of turning them over and the power requirements
are actually specified there - DOH!

Both require 5VDC. 2400-2800ma (MIN) with the 2600W rated at 10W Max and the
2200We at 7W Max.

Perhaps these are early revisions with different power specs?

Don't think I have any mains adapters matching these figures - they'll make
good doorstops

--
Peter X-Files fan

Old July 25th 11, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Trust No
One® chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Perhaps these are early revisions with different power specs?

I've seen one that requires 5v too but don't remember which model. I
remember this because a colleague still hasn't lived down the comment "this
router smells of paint" after plugging a 12v PSU into it.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:38:19 up 5 days, 2:28, 7 users, load average: 0.08, 0.13, 0.14

Old July 25th 11, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Trust No One®" wrote in message

"MarkU" wrote in message

Draytek 2600 is 12v 1.5A.

How peculiar.

These two routers have 5V written above the Power Supply input at the
back.

Also, I had the brainstorm of turning them over and the power requirements
are actually specified there - DOH!

Both require 5VDC. 2400-2800ma (MIN) with the 2600W rated at 10W Max and
the 2200We at 7W Max.

Perhaps these are early revisions with different power specs?

Don't think I have any mains adapters matching these figures - they'll
make good doorstops

The UK dealers - http://www.seg.co.uk/ - will sell you the correct PSU for
about £16

You have to tell them the EXACT model number, and possibly the serial
number - there are quite a variety of different requirements.

Money well worth spending to get good routers.

SEG will also repair out-of-warranty routers on a time & materials basis -
do ask.

--
Graham J

Old July 25th 11, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Dave" wrote in message ...

"MarkU" wrote in message ...
Trust No One® wrote:
If so could you please do me a favour? I'm after the amps of

your
power supply.

I bought an old Vigor 2200We and Vigor 2600W at a market for

all of 3
quid. Unfortunately they dont have the PSU units. I do have a

number
of old PSUs at home but I'd like to get a correct match.

There are a number of "generic" PSUs on ebay but I'd like to

avoid
having to spend 10 quid if it all possible.

Regds,

Draytek 2600 is 12v 1.5A.

AC not DC !

It would almost certainly be content with a 12V DC feed. The internal bridge rectifier would ensure the polarity
was unimportant too. Don't try this trick the other way round though ;-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 26th 11, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Graham." wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message ...

"MarkU" wrote in message
Trust No One® wrote:
[...]

Just looked at mine and its definitely 12V AC 1.5 amp - DC may work as
Graham said unless it has some sort of switch mode power supply inside....

Best read the label the bottom and get one that matches that spec.

Dave.

Old July 26th 11, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trust No One®

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message

The UK dealers - http://www.seg.co.uk/ - will sell you the correct PSU for
about £16

You have to tell them the EXACT model number, and possibly the serial
number - there are quite a variety of different requirements.

Money well worth spending to get good routers.

SEG will also repair out-of-warranty routers on a time & materials basis -
do ask.

Thanks Graham,

I'll bear this option in mind.

May be worth it to get them going.

--
Peter X-Files fan

Old July 26th 11, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:47:31 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, "Dave" disturbed my reverie and wrote:

Best read the label the bottom and get one that matches that spec.

The voltage is the important parameter. The current rating should not
be below what is on the power supply but can be as high as you like.
--

Cheers,

DrT