TalkTalk Roouter password

Old August 3rd 11, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Default TalkTalk Roouter password

I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I can
see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed by
@talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I have been
told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't want to waste
time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

Peter Crosland

Old August 3rd 11, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Peter Crosland wrote:
I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I can
see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed by
@talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I have been
told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't want to waste
time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

Peter Crosland

IME with other ISPs you can at least phone support first and explain the
problem. If they require you, or the actual customer to validate you are
who you say you are, well at least you know what you have to do when you
get there.

Old August 3rd 11, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 03/08/2011 16:05, Peter Crosland wrote:
I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I can
see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed by
@talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I have been
told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't want to waste
time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

I've rung an automated number in the past for a Talk Talk customer, and
IIRC as long as you call from the line the Broadband is provisioned on
you're given the password by a robot.

Old August 3rd 11, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cybuerke

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:05:59 +0100, Peter Crosland wrote:

I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I
can see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed
by @talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I
have been told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't
want to waste time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

Peter Crosland

That's correct

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/content/view/27/93/

--
email addy ok after removal of Pork Luncheon Meat.
Old August 3rd 11, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:29:29 +0100, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

On 03/08/2011 16:05, Peter Crosland wrote:
I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I can
see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed by
@talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I have been
told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't want to waste
time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

I've rung an automated number in the past for a Talk Talk customer, and
IIRC as long as you call from the line the Broadband is provisioned on
you're given the password by a robot.

It's Talk Talk, so how do you tell if it is a robot?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old August 4th 11, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory [UK]

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:29:29 +0100, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

On 03/08/2011 16:05, Peter Crosland wrote:
I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I
can
see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed by
@talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I have
been
told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't want to waste
time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

I've rung an automated number in the past for a Talk Talk customer, and
IIRC as long as you call from the line the Broadband is provisioned on
you're given the password by a robot.

It's Talk Talk, so how do you tell if it is a robot?

Well, if it makes sense then it's a robot.

All their real people are in foreign call centres, know little about
broadband and are difficult to understand.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old August 7th 11, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 03/08/2011 16:05, Peter Crosland wrote:
I have been asked to set up a new router for a friend who has a TalkTalk
broadband connection and they can't find their initial details letter. I
can
see that the user name is the customer's telephone number followed by
@talktalk.net but is the password accessible from 08700875562 as I have
been
told? I can't check this unless I am on the site and don't want to waste
time when I am there or have a wasted journey. TIA.

I've rung an automated number in the past for a Talk Talk customer, and
IIRC as long as you call from the line the Broadband is provisioned on
you're given the password by a robot.

Thanks Bob and all the others that replied. The only good thing about this
kind of robot is that it does not argue!

Regards from Peter Crosland