P-660HW-T1 v2 WIFI and FTP

Old August 16th 11, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Saville

Default P-660HW-T1 v2 WIFI and FTP

I have the above with what I believe is the latest firmware.
V3.40(AXL.1) | 11/21/2007

I have a thinkpad that connects via wireless. All is OK until I try
and do a binary FTP of a large file when the router reboots itself
every time after transferring about 5K. With a wired connection the
file transfers fine - as expected.
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old August 17th 11, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Dave
Saville chose the tried and tested strategy of:

I have the above with what I believe is the latest firmware.
V3.40(AXL.1) | 11/21/2007

Upgrade the firmware, I guess.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:09:08 up 14 days, 21:51, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.14

Old August 18th 11, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"alexd" wrote in message ...
Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Dave
Saville chose the tried and tested strategy of:

I have the above with what I believe is the latest firmware.
V3.40(AXL.1) | 11/21/2007

Upgrade the firmware, I guess.

Even if he has to write it first? ;-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 18th 11, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Saville

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:49:34 UTC, "Dave Saville"
wrote:

I have the above with what I believe is the latest firmware.
V3.40(AXL.1) | 11/21/2007

I have a thinkpad that connects via wireless. All is OK until I try
and do a binary FTP of a large file when the router reboots itself
every time after transferring about 5K. With a wired connection the
file transfers fine - as expected.

Answering my own post - Thanks to James at AAISP it turns out to be
the "Bandwidth management" option. Even though it was not on for the
WIFI interface, only WAN and LAN. Turning it off completely fixes the
problem.
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old August 19th 11, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.broadband Job Justification Hearings, Graham.

"alexd" wrote in message

Upgrade the firmware, I guess.

Even if he has to write it first? ;-)

Yeah, I was just checking you were paying attention. And you were. So well
done.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:53:27 up 17 days, 36 min, 6 users, load average: 1.27, 0.80, 0.40