TalkTalk fined 3m

Old August 18th 11, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default TalkTalk fined 3m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14569918

I'm sure this'll hearten a few people on here.
Old August 18th 11, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"chris" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14569918

I'm sure this'll hearten a few people on here.

Oh yes.
Regards
David

PS
The poor people still using TT will now pay more for TT to get it back.

Old August 18th 11, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 18/08/2011 09:11, chris wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14569918

I'm sure this'll hearten a few people on here.

"it follows an investigation into the two businesses that started in
July 2010 as a result of more than 1,000 complaints."

Only 2010? That's two years after I spoke to CISAS.

Andy
Old August 19th 11, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tired

chris wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14569918

I'm sure this'll hearten a few people on here.

Lots of people who I have spoken to who are talktalk customers drop into the
conversation that they were told that their package would cost X, things
like it will never be over 20 a month etc and end up with bills well over
what they expected.

Old August 20th 11, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

chris wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14569918

I'm sure this'll hearten a few people on here.

Quite right too.

TT are the biggest load of shysters I have ever come across in the
retail business.

Their standard trick is foot dragging on service termination.

8 months after I asked them (as a POA) to terminate my mum's service
(she went into a care home) they are still sending me demands, and
their crooked debt collector Buchanan Clark & Wells are pursuing me
for a new figure of 49... no idea where it comes from.

This is after TT agreed to close the account and refund a 69
"overpayment" due to "poor service" and that was only after I wrote to
their chief exec saying I will report him to the DPA for illegally
changing the account name from my mum's to mine (resulting in BCW
going for a CCJ in my name).

A complete useless bunch of crooks and idiots.
Old August 21st 11, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 09:41:03 +0100, Peter
wrote:

This is after TT agreed to close the account and refund a 69
"overpayment" due to "poor service" and that was only after I wrote to
their chief exec saying I will report him to the DPA for illegally
changing the account name from my mum's to mine (resulting in BCW
going for a CCJ in my name).

Peter, as previously stated, BCW will not issue a CCJ against you.
Although they "buy" the debt from Talktalk it isn't legally assigned,
and unless it has been, BCW (or any other debt collection agency)
cannot recover the debt through the courts.

Completely ignoring them would be the best policy imo.
Old August 21st 11, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

John wrote

wrote:

This is after TT agreed to close the account and refund a 69
"overpayment" due to "poor service" and that was only after I wrote to
their chief exec saying I will report him to the DPA for illegally
changing the account name from my mum's to mine (resulting in BCW
going for a CCJ in my name).

Peter, as previously stated, BCW will not issue a CCJ against you.
Although they "buy" the debt from Talktalk it isn't legally assigned,
and unless it has been, BCW (or any other debt collection agency)
cannot recover the debt through the courts.

Completely ignoring them would be the best policy imo.

I realise; thank you. I was just going to ignore them.
Old August 21st 11, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

wrote

wrote:

This is after TT agreed to close the account and refund a 69
"overpayment" due to "poor service" and that was only after I wrote to
their chief exec saying I will report him to the DPA for illegally
changing the account name from my mum's to mine (resulting in BCW
going for a CCJ in my name).

Peter, as previously stated, BCW will not issue a CCJ against you.
Although they "buy" the debt from Talktalk it isn't legally assigned,
and unless it has been, BCW (or any other debt collection agency)
cannot recover the debt through the courts.

Completely ignoring them would be the best policy imo.

I realise; thank you. I was just going to ignore them.

I suggest you contact CISAS, who are the arbitration service used for TT
disputes. Make sure you ask for some compensation for the upset caused
to you at this difficult time. Or some words like that.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2011/0...-uk-customers/

AKA

http://tinyurl.com/3pemur4

Andy