BT Infinity

Old August 19th 11, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default BT Infinity

Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard from BT
was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

Old August 19th 11, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:36:51 +0100
"David" wrote:

Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard
from BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

That finally confirms that I am way out in the sticks, my exchange isn't
mentioned anywhere.
--
Davey.
Old August 19th 11, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"David" wrote in message
Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I
heard from BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

The checker says that my exchange is not yet enabled, but as my
exchange (Starbeck) runs off Harrogate and Harrogate is Infinite
now, what does that mean.

I am puzzled.

Think I'll stay with my solid 10MHz cable from VM....

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old August 19th 11, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

"David" wrote:

Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard
from BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

That finally confirms that I am way out in the sticks, my exchange isn't
mentioned anywhere.

Same here. I appear to be surrounded (nearest is about 8 miles away) but, as
usual, not enough info. to know which region I'm in.
Northampton (I'm a few miles to the south) can be: E. Midlands, South, East,
East Anglia(!), Midlands and other, bizarre, ones that never make sense.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old August 19th 11, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

"David" wrote:

Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard
from BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

That finally confirms that I am way out in the sticks, my exchange
isn't mentioned anywhere.

Same here. I appear to be surrounded (nearest is about 8 miles away)
but, as usual, not enough info. to know which region I'm in.
Northampton (I'm a few miles to the south) can be: E. Midlands,
South, East, East Anglia(!), Midlands and other, bizarre, ones that
never make sense.

Agreed. I have never understood why Northampton is covered in the BBC East
news, to me it is a Midlands town.
--
Davey.
Old August 19th 11, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wibble

"Woody" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message
Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard from
BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

The checker says that my exchange is not yet enabled, but as my exchange
(Starbeck) runs off Harrogate and Harrogate is Infinite now, what does
that mean.

I am puzzled.

Think I'll stay with my solid 10MHz cable from VM....

10 MHz....thats different!

Old August 19th 11, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Wibble" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message
Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I
heard from BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

The checker says that my exchange is not yet enabled, but as
my exchange (Starbeck) runs off Harrogate and Harrogate is
Infinite now, what does that mean.

I am puzzled.

Think I'll stay with my solid 10MHz cable from VM....

10 MHz....thats different!

Oops!

10Mb of course................

Old August 19th 11, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Wade

"Woody" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message
Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard from
BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

The checker says that my exchange is not yet enabled, but as my exchange
(Starbeck) runs off Harrogate and Harrogate is Infinite now, what does
that mean.

I am puzzled.

Think I'll stay with my solid 10MHz cable from VM....

The cable might be solid but most Cabinets are cheap and nasty leftovers
from Nynex et al. The CE recently said they couldn't afford to make then
secure....

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...rs/td-p/600115

A google image search turns up some lovely piccys....

Old August 19th 11, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Wade

http://www.flickr.com/photos/route79...439642/detail/

Old August 20th 11, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

"David" wrote:

Found this this morning not noticed if it been mentioned.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...map/index.html
Interestingly my Exchange is listed as getting it and last I heard
from BT was that my exchange would not be.
Regards
David

That finally confirms that I am way out in the sticks, my exchange
isn't mentioned anywhere.

Same here. I appear to be surrounded (nearest is about 8 miles away)
but, as usual, not enough info. to know which region I'm in.
Northampton (I'm a few miles to the south) can be: E. Midlands,
South, East, East Anglia(!), Midlands and other, bizarre, ones that
never make sense.

Agreed. I have never understood why Northampton is covered in the BBC East
news, to me it is a Midlands town.

The TV transmitter for here is Sandy, but I have to use Oxford due to a
railway bank about 100m away. I feel more affinity to Oxford than to East
Angular, but none of the regions is suitable for Northampton.

Stony Stratford exchange is on a list for Infinity and part of SS is in
Northants, so it's getting closer.
Even so, I'd be v. happy with 5 - 6Mbps on a reliable basis.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away