A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

BT's generosity



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 26th 11, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default BT's generosity

From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date on
your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!

--
Davey.

  #2  
Old September 26th 11, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobertM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default BT's generosity

On 26/09/2011 10:55, Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date on
your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


Give you a real warm glow inside!!!!!!
  #3  
Old September 26th 11, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 603
Default BT's generosity

On 26/09/2011 12:23, RobertM wrote:
On 26/09/2011 10:55, Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries
relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date on
your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


Give you a real warm glow inside!!!!!!


Yet another reminder for why I'm glad I left them...
  #4  
Old September 26th 11, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default BT's generosity

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:32:07 +0100
chris wrote:

On 26/09/2011 12:23, RobertM wrote:
On 26/09/2011 10:55, Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries
relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date
on your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


Give you a real warm glow inside!!!!!!


Yet another reminder for why I'm glad I left them...


They sent me a message to say that my bill was available on online, and
it's been unavailable all morning. This is the Phone company we're
talking about!
--
Davey.
  #5  
Old September 26th 11, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 393
Default BT's generosity

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:52:35 +0100, Davey wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:32:07 +0100
chris wrote:

On 26/09/2011 12:23, RobertM wrote:
On 26/09/2011 10:55, Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries
relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date
on your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


Give you a real warm glow inside!!!!!!


Yet another reminder for why I'm glad I left them...


They sent me a message to say that my bill was available on online, and
it's been unavailable all morning. This is the Phone company we're
talking about!


Local pub, been open for 6 days, hasn't got a working 'phone line. BT has
spent 3 weeks trying to get it 'right' - slow learners, obviously. The
Landlord now has an extra 3 months free, so at least he has nothing for
nothing!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
whilst religions hold sway
  #6  
Old September 26th 11, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tired
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43
Default BT's generosity

Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries
relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date on
your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


'Ribbed for your pleasure'


  #7  
Old September 26th 11, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 482
Default BT's generosity

Davey considered Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:52:35
+0100 the perfect time to write:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:32:07 +0100
chris wrote:

On 26/09/2011 12:23, RobertM wrote:
On 26/09/2011 10:55, Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any queries
relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the date
on your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


Give you a real warm glow inside!!!!!!


Yet another reminder for why I'm glad I left them...


They sent me a message to say that my bill was available on online, and
it's been unavailable all morning. This is the Phone company we're
talking about!


Their website is broken.
If you attempt to view your bill online, you have to wait for it to
time out, then click on the "what you used" menu item on the left.
If you then scroll to the bottom, there is a "Download your bill"
button which does work.
(above procedure tested with Firefox and IE, several versions in both
cases)

I emailed them about it over a year ago, and they still haven't fixed
it.

You surely don't expect BT to know anything about communication
technology do you?
  #8  
Old September 26th 11, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 486
Default BT's generosity

Phil W Lee wrote:

considered Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:52:35

They sent me a message to say that my bill was available on online, and
it's been unavailable all morning. This is the Phone company we're
talking about!


Their website is broken.
If you attempt to view your bill online, you have to wait for it to
time out, then click on the "what you used" menu item on the left.
If you then scroll to the bottom, there is a "Download your bill"
button which does work.
(above procedure tested with Firefox and IE, several versions in both
cases)


Just logged in at first attempt, viewed bill as web page OK with no
timeouts, could expand the show details section, navigate back and forth
to call details page, and download as PDF

I emailed them about it over a year ago, and they still haven't fixed
it.


As far as I can see there's nothing to fix.
  #9  
Old September 26th 11, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 187
Default BT's generosity

On 26/09/2011 17:52, PeterC wrote:
Local pub, been open for 6 days, hasn't got a working 'phone line. BT has
spent 3 weeks trying to get it 'right' - slow learners, obviously. The
Landlord now has an extra 3 months free, so at least he has nothing for
nothing!


Could be a selling point. "I'll be down at the (whatever it's called)
my mobile's gone flat, but you can call me on the pub's phone"

Andy
  #10  
Old September 26th 11, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default BT's generosity

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:35:39 +0100
Phil W Lee wrote:

Davey considered Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:52:35
+0100 the perfect time to write:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:32:07 +0100
chris wrote:

On 26/09/2011 12:23, RobertM wrote:
On 26/09/2011 10:55, Davey wrote:
From an article supplied by BT online:
"We've recently reduced the period of time we allow for any
queries relating to your payment
(Advance Notice Period) from ten to six working days from the
date on your bill. You don't have to do anything."

Well, that's generous of them!


Give you a real warm glow inside!!!!!!

Yet another reminder for why I'm glad I left them...


They sent me a message to say that my bill was available on online,
and it's been unavailable all morning. This is the Phone company
we're talking about!


Their website is broken.
If you attempt to view your bill online, you have to wait for it to
time out, then click on the "what you used" menu item on the left.
If you then scroll to the bottom, there is a "Download your bill"
button which does work.
(above procedure tested with Firefox and IE, several versions in both
cases)

I emailed them about it over a year ago, and they still haven't fixed
it.

You surely don't expect BT to know anything about communication
technology do you?


Later, it worked as it should, and usually does. It was a temporary
problem, not a continuous one. But why a problem at all?
Where do you think my contact 'Rupradeep' came from?
--
Davey.
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generosity of BT home hub owners Gaius uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 42 March 6th 10 10:13 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.