Infinity very slight improvement

Old September 26th 11, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

Default Infinity very slight improvement

Another letter from BT offering Infinity.

It appears the allowance for limited users has increased from 10Gb to 40Gb -
good - certainly ample for my needs (no streaming films or online gaming),
BUT

Uplink still slugged to 2Mb/s for non unlimited customers.
BT Broadband Talk lost if you switch to Infinity from other BT products.
Still an engineer to install (who will doubtless refuse to work under my
desk)
25/30 charge for installation - how difficult is it to plug two boxes
together with Cat5e cable?

So still no sale!

--

R. Mark Clayton

remove nospa for email

PS no mention of the rental on letter, so it must be a lot...

Old September 27th 11, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Wade

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
Another letter from BT offering Infinity.

It appears the allowance for limited users has increased from 10Gb to
40Gb - good - certainly ample for my needs (no streaming films or online
gaming), BUT

Uplink still slugged to 2Mb/s for non unlimited customers.
BT Broadband Talk lost if you switch to Infinity from other BT products.

This is still sad...

Still an engineer to install (who will doubtless refuse to work under my
desk)

I don't think that would be an issue, mine is installed in a wardrobe...
.... with space for ventilation

25/30 charge for installation - how difficult is it to plug two boxes
together with Cat5e cable?

Its a tad more complex than that , they need to disconnect the existing
DSLAM in the exchange and cross connect between the two cabinets, replace
the face plate in your house, and test.

So still no sale!

Great, that leaves more bandwidth on the backhaul for me...