Plusnet reactiving old email address

Old September 27th 11, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

Default Plusnet reactiving old email address

Hi,

I am wanting to sign up to a Plusnet package using an old username I
used ages ago on their service with ISDN. The account has now
expired, there doesn't seem to be any entries for it in DNS, but I can
still see my old static IP address has a PTR record for my domain
still!

When I try and sign up using the web form, I am told that this account
is unavailable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reactivate an expired account on
Plusnet?

Thanks.
Andrew.
Old September 27th 11, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 27/09/2011 19:10, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
Hi,

I am wanting to sign up to a Plusnet package using an old username I
used ages ago on their service with ISDN. The account has now
expired, there doesn't seem to be any entries for it in DNS, but I can
still see my old static IP address has a PTR record for my domain
still!

When I try and sign up using the web form, I am told that this account
is unavailable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reactivate an expired account on
Plusnet?

Thanks.
Andrew.

Try giving them a ring on 0114 296 5198.
They're usually pretty helpful.
And no Indian accents either!

George
Old September 28th 11, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 27/09/2011 19:10, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
Hi,

I am wanting to sign up to a Plusnet package using an old username I
used ages ago on their service with ISDN. The account has now
expired, there doesn't seem to be any entries for it in DNS, but I can
still see my old static IP address has a PTR record for my domain
still!

When I try and sign up using the web form, I am told that this account
is unavailable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reactivate an expired account on
Plusnet?

Hi Andrew,

Yes, it's possible but the front-line sales staff may not have the
relevant permissions to do it so let me know if you're met with any
opposition...

Old September 28th 11, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:42:19 +0100, Plusnet Support Team
wrote:

On 27/09/2011 19:10, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
Hi,

I am wanting to sign up to a Plusnet package using an old username I
used ages ago on their service with ISDN. The account has now
expired, there doesn't seem to be any entries for it in DNS, but I can
still see my old static IP address has a PTR record for my domain
still!

When I try and sign up using the web form, I am told that this account
is unavailable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reactivate an expired account on
Plusnet?

Hi Andrew,

Yes, it's possible but the front-line sales staff may not have the
relevant permissions to do it so let me know if you're met with any
opposition...

Hi,

Thanks for the offer. I did ring up the sales team yesterday evening,
they said they could see the account, but could not reactivate it from
their end.

The user name is: hodgsonfamily.plus.com

The account did have this email address associated with it.

If it could be reactivated at all I would be eternally grateful to
you!

Thanks,
Andrew.
Old September 28th 11, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

wrote:

[...]

I've just reactivated it for you. Email should be reactivated shortly
and the Sales folk should now be in a position to upgrade the account to
broadband if needs be.

Old September 29th 11, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

wrote:

[...]

Thanks a lot for this, I can go into the account with all the old
information still preserved

Andrew.